Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App no longer running in background

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I've had the Versa Lite since Wednesday. Everyday until overnight last night, I would have the Fitbit icon on the status bar of my phone (LG). It clearly states that it stopped syncing at 2:45am, and I've had nothing but problems keeping it synced. I can get it to.sync, but have to constantly start the app and sync it manually to update stats and receive notifications. Everything is turned on, including all day sync and auto sync. I've followed all steps in the help guides. 

Any ideas!?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Forums @MikeGoebel.

Thanks for sharing all of those details on the matter and checking on those settings and trying those steps.

The first thing I'd like to ask is what phone is it that you are using. That could shed some light into what is going on.

In the meantime please try to follow these steps:

1. Go to the phone's Bluetooth settings.
  2. Look for any Fitbit devices that show up there.
  3. Remove all Fitbit devices that might show up as paired.
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Run the set up as if you had a replacement Fitbit. 

Let me know how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's an LG Premier Pro. I've "forgotten" the device on Bluetooth and readded it. Should I do the same through the Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MikeGoebel.

Thanks for letting me know and sharing what phone you are using. 

Please do run the set up on the Fitbit app. That will help so that they start syncing again. 

It is important to mention that the LG Premier Pro  is not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone.

As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work with the steps that you have tried but we cannot guarantee it.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this also include my Aria scale?  I’m having the same issue,  I keep getting a message to allow the app to run in the background but I can’t figure out how to do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes