Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App stopped tracking data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Charge 5 which I started using about 3 weeks ago. The app has been working, and I can see all my tracking data just fine (e.g. sleep, heart rate, daily readiness score, etc).

Today, however, the app seems to have stopped tracking any data. For example, there is no data from my sleep last night. There is no stress management score, no daily readiness score, and no heart rate chart for today. There is nothing reported in Health Metrics for the last 24 hrs. The Charge 5 is definitely still sending data, since, the app still shows my current heart rate, and my exercise today is still shown in the app (including the heart rate during the exercise). Interestingly, the step graph data for today is still shown.

I know it sounds like the Charge 5 was not worn, or somehow the heart rate sensor is not sensing anything. But it is; since I see current heart rate, and the exercise details are shown too.

I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling; I've restarted the Charge 5; I've also re-paired the Charge 5 to my phone. Nothing helps.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @zitseng - it could be that the watch and phone are not syncing. Try logout of the Fitbit App and clear the storiage cache and force stop it and swipe it off, then restart both phone and watch. See for more information How do I restart my Fitbit device? and Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes