Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set correct Swim lengths

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The first time I swam with my new versa it was in a 25 metre pool. My regular pool is 50 metres and today when I went swimming it measured the lengths as 25 not 50. Is there anything I can do to correct this and have my forgot measure correct lengths. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @Wenswim!

Let me help you get the correct lengths to be tracked on your Fitbit.

My suggestion in this case would be to try the steps listed in this help article. It talks about how to adjust the lengths of the pool that you swim at so that the tracking is accurate. It also talks about tracking swimming in general so giving it a read is worth the time if you have any more questions.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Forums @Wenswim!

Let me help you get the correct lengths to be tracked on your Fitbit.

My suggestion in this case would be to try the steps listed in this help article. It talks about how to adjust the lengths of the pool that you swim at so that the tracking is accurate. It also talks about tracking swimming in general so giving it a read is worth the time if you have any more questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you so very much for your help. I have used this to explore my Versa even more. It is truly amazing.

Cheers

Best Answer

I have been trying desperately to change the default 25meters swimming pool length to 33meters 

I have read the article, it makes sense. Unfortunately the drop down menus that it refers do not exist on either my Versa device or the app on my.

On the app you are told to go to advanced settings and choose swimming. There isnt anything there. plse see picture.

On the devise the article says click on the widget and select > pool length. Again no pool length appears. Please see photo

Dont know how to attach photo..everything is difficult on fitbit !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @ebnebn.

Let me help you figure out what is going on.

Could you share some screenshots of what you are getting on the app? That should help me better understand what is going on and finding the best way to move forward.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with my Inspire HR Fitbit. The distances I do are also wrong.

My local pool is 33m. The fitbit's default is 25m.

Today I did 1941 yards, which when googled, tells me I've done 1.103 miles. This can't be right as In fact I did 36 lengths of the 33m pool which is known to be 3/4 mile. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ebnebn wrote:

I have been trying desperately to change the default 25meters swimming pool length to 33meters 

I have read the article, it makes sense. Unfortunately the drop down menus that it refers do not exist on either my Versa device or the app on my.

On the app you are told to go to advanced settings and choose swimming. There isnt anything there. plse see picture.

On the devise the article says click on the widget and select > pool length. Again no pool length appears. Please see photo

Dont know how to attach photo..everything is difficult on fitbit !

I'm having the same problem with my Inspire HR Fitbit. The distances I do are also wrong.

My local pool is 33m. The fitbit's default is 25m.

Today I did 1941 yards, which when googled, tells me I've done 1.103 miles. This can't be right as In fact I did 36 lengths of the 33m pool which is known to be 3/4 mile. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @AnnieGee.

Thanks for sharing all of those details on the situation that you have experienced.

In regards to the pool length, you can edit it directly on your Inspire HR. You can click here to see some instructions on how to do it.

As for the accuracy, I'd like to ask you some questions:

• Did you change strokes while you were swimming?
  • Were all of the lengths continuous or did you stop between them?

In the meantime I'd like to ask you to restart your Fitbit before tracking a swim to make sure that it will track everything accurately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to swim a 25m pool and the distance was correct also if sometimes missing a pool length. Now I swim in a 50m pool. I set the distance in the Versa 3 as 50m. Now my swimming distance is always doubled.

I already call the support and as requested made the restart, also a reset of the Versa. It does not make any difference the swimming distance is always double as what I effectively swimm.

Since it seems that the Versa is not able to read the correct distance, could you at least make us the possibility to change the distance in the log?

This is an old request that no one never answered.

Please do something because this watch should be better served with a more serious logger.

*UPDATE*

If I set the versa 3 in 25m in a pool of 50m it "almost" work, just missing some distance (by 25, 50, 75 meters)  but not doubling the distance.

So we have a serious bug in the swim application...

Thank you.

Jean-Marc

Best Answer
0 Votes