Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze/Android App not Syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I seem to be having a few issues with my Android app. I'm on the current Android/Fitbit app, but it's just randomly started having issues - I would assume the issues would have started when I upgraded the OS/App, but it's just started over the last few days.

The Fitbit itself, as always, is working perfectly - but the app is another story.

When I open the app, on the main dashboard, it never syncs no matter how many times I scroll down, I usually get the 'Syncing is due to start soon' message. If I go to the Account section of the app and go into the Fitbit - I can sync it there, however it usually takes a few goes to get it to work - and this is an annoying way to do it. I also seem to be having issues with the challenges - the steps (when my app eventually syncs) don't match the steps on the dashboard, I did see that this is an issue with the Workweek Hustle challenge, which is the one I have issues with, but I never win them anyway, so im not too phased if that has errors.

Are you aware of any syncing issues?

I have reset the blaze/app/unpaired and re-paired, but nothing is working.

I have the Samsung S7 Edge.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Cooky, good to see you one more time in the Fitbit Community. I was reading you are experiencing some difficulties to sync successfully your tracker. There is not an issue in specific for syncing, most of the times the syncing problems are related to the connectivity of the Bluetooth of the tracker with the phone,  so I recommend to review the following post: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

About the challenges that your step total on your challenge isn't matching. Below are possible reasons for this issue: 

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode is when your tracker is connected in real time with your app). 
2. You manually logged an activity either from the Fitbit app or third party integrations. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

A tip I can share with you is to wait 15 minutes after syncing your Fitbit data to see if your challenge updates.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes