Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 2 not pairing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When pairing Samsung Galaxy S5 the app finds the device - and when entering the displayed 4 digit code it remains connecting for a long time before displaying Not working. one of the options is to reboot bluetooth.

Tried entering a wrong code - but it sias that this is wrong - entering the correct code get me into connecting  - and error.

Hver rebooted the fitbit charge  and the phone. Unistalled the app and reinstalled the app.

Still no success.

Also tried to pair with an I-phone:
After entering th 4-digit code the app says " connecting" for ages 

Also tried reboots.

Version diplayed after reboot of device 22.20.17 

How can I fix the problem?

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Welcome to the Forums @AlfMartin

I can see how this happening even after all the troubleshooting you tried can be frustrating. It is possible that the Bluetooth connection itself is being interrupted and that is causing the Charge 2 to not be paired. I'd say that we check on the following:

• Make sure that there are no other Bluetooth devices nearby or connected to your S5.
  • Try to turn on the Location settings on your mobile. 

In the meantime, please answer the following questions:

• What is the Android version that you're currently running?
  • Do you notice anything out of the ordinary with the tracker itself? Is the Fitbit giving you any weird screens when you try to run the setup after a while?

Look forward to your reply. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried again -Reset fitbit and phone.  

No connected blutooth equipment.

Location services on.

Fitbit app - Account + set up a new device.

Charge 2

Setup Fitbit charge 2

I agree

next

We found your tracker - connecting

bluetooth issues 

restart bluetooth

not working

Tried again

code on device

enter wrong code 

on phone - error - asks for new code 

new cod displayed on device - entered in app

connecting.....

device black screen after a while, phone still dipayes connecting

Again blutooth issues.

Some communication is working - but not everything 

Android version 6.0.1

Regards Alf Martin

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AlfMartin.

Thank you very much for that detailed post. Do you have an additional device that you could try to sync with? It would bring up some details on where the issue could be located. Perhaps another Android device or an iOS one? 

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought a FITbit Charge 2 yesterday, I am facing the same issue while setting up the device. I have gone through hundreds of threads from people facing the same issue with this particular device with no proper solution yet.

I have tried all the available troubleshoot (bluetooth, location, other devices interruptions etc etc) steps mentioned on FITBIT help pages and other links posted by community members. Tried setting up on different devices Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Iphone 5S, Oneplus 2, Windows 10 but same issue on every device. Device will get paired and a code is displayed and that's the end of the story.... The app will leave you on the screen with message 'connecting' for next few minutes and then 'try again' to keep going in cycles of frustration. Issue with one mobile device is accepted but not connecting to any of the above device surely confirms that the issue is with the fitbit device itself.

Never expected such an issue with the pioneer of the fitness devices, highly disappointed. Last thing a reputable company could afford to spoil their brand image. Still hoping for some solution to get this started. 

Hope to get this sorted out. 

Thanks

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @HanuT.

Thanks for chiming in and letting me know about this. It is certainly an inconvenient situation and I can see how it can be frustrating. Having said that, you should be receiving an email to the email address linked to your Fitbit account in the next couple of days. Please keep your eyes open for it.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been at it for some 10-12 days now, ever since I received my replacement Charge 2 (which, from what I read, might be a refurbished device)! How disappointing!!!

Now, I too have tried all possible solutions available online - seems there are TOO MANY people facing the same issue - and in Fitbit help forums, but to no avail.

I TOO have tried all the available troubleshoot (Bluetooth, location, other devices interruptions, amongst others.) steps mentioned on FITBIT help pages and other links posted by community members. Tried setting up on different devices Oneplus 5 (OS: Android 7.1.1) where, incidentally, the previous Charge 2 sync-ed seamlessly and Windows 10. However, the same issue arises on every device. The tracker gets paired, and a 4-digit code is displayed, and that is the end of the story.... The app will leave you on the screen with the message 'connecting' for next few minutes and then 'try again' to keep going in cycles of frustration. The issue with one mobile device is accepted but not connecting to any of the above devices surely confirms that the problem is with the Fitbit tracker itself.

LET ME REPEAT: Never expected such an issue with the pioneer of the fitness devices, highly disappointed. Last thing a reputable company could afford to spoil their brand image. Still hoping for some solution to get this started. 

Hope to get this sorted out. 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything - reinstalling restarting, pairr with Iphone 6s.

Others seems to have the same problem.

The solution is just to try more of the same - but without succcess.

Please investigate and provide a solution that will work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got mine replaced with a new one and it got set up in one go and syncd smoothly with no hassle. Seems a lot of faulty devices out there.

Thanks

Hanu

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @HanuT@AlfMartin and @ManishSinghal.

@HanuT Glad to hear that it did work correctly with your replacement. Now you can work on reaching all of your goals. 

@ManishSinghal In that case, the OnePlus 5 is not a compatible device which could explain why the replacement Fitbit isn't syncing. Having said that, have you checked if the previous Charge 2 is still listed as a paired device on the phone and the Windows 10's Bluetooth settings? Perhaps the previous tracker is still showing as a paired device and that is interrupting the communication.

@AlfMartin When you try to sync with other devices, like the iPhone 7, do you get any sort of error message? 

Let me know if there are any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing problems with pairing my replacement charge2 tried everything but no joy. Can anyone help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Allotmenteer 

I would first recommend making sure your phone is compatible > Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker? 

If that's all set just check the troubleshooting steps online: 

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. Turn your Fitbit device off and back on using the instructions in How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  6. Try setting up your device again.
  7. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet.
  8. Try setting up your device again.
  9. If you can't set up after removing all other Fitbit devices, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

And also make sure your phone's software is up to date and the Fitbit app as well. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Allotmenteer. Hello @Gufi.

@Gufi Thanks for sharing those detailed steps on how to go about it, absolutely great to see users helping each other out.

@Allotmenteer Please do follow those steps and let us know how it goes.

Feel free to reach out if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried everything one year ago.

It was not worth the time spent on troubleshooting. 

My girlfriend's watch was pairing without any problems. 

Returned my watch to the vendor and got a new one that was working without any problems .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AlfMartin.

Thanks for sharing your and your girlfriend's experience on the matter.  Glad to know that everything worked out for both of you in the end.

Maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards if you have the time. Lots of topics to talk about in there.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i know this is a old post. i recently found my charge 2 and had the same problem which led me to this site. i tried couple days ago and it hasnt connected since then. magically while i was reading your fourm my phone vibrated and i opened it and it was connected. the trick is that you enter the code then turn your screen off (not the phone) and it might connect. somehow it worked for me. dont know about others. anyways.

AzraTheKing is OUT. PEACE PEEPS

Best Answer
0 Votes