Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app for Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was having problems with my Samsung Galaxy tablet so reset it to factory settings.....now can't download the fitbit app because apparently my tablet is incompatible despite me gsvinh it on here before the reset?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @spidey  sad, but true. Sometime in the summer the Fitbit app was updated to requiring a minimum of Android 8 to install, so the older versions of the app were removed from the Play Store. Any chance you have a smartphone?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have an iPhone and it's syncing to that.

What a pain in the arse though. Is there any chance they'll change it I wonder?

Best Answer

Not sure, @spidey , but you never know the future of these devices and compatibility. I know more people are using their smartphones and not tablets or laptops. 

Best Answer

I've also found out I can't download Amazon app.

I can't  see phones completely taking over tablets or laptops. They're too small  and fiddly  to type out anything but the briefest of messages

Best Answer

Does not work with my amazon fire tablet either which is the only device I have so I will have to go back to my friend Or find someone with a smart phone to set it up Wanting enjoy the internet do not want A smart phone this tablet is enough It doesn't sync fitBit watch?! WTF!

Best Answer

Hi @Larrybit  and @spidey  if you do a quick search, you'll see that while Amazon uses a form of Android, it's called Fire OS and it's not a full version of Android. They also do not use the Google Play Store, but their own Amazon app store. I know people who only get online with their smartphones and they don't own a tablet or a computer. I prefer a nice desktop computer so I can see everything on it, plus stream some shows.

Best Answer