Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 5 not syncing to Pixel 3A

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am about ready to throw my Fitbit out a window.  It has not synced up for at least 4 hours and I have done everything I can think of.

I have Pulled down to refresh it probably 100 times.

I have Force Stopped the App at least a Dozen times.

I have Powered off and Reset the Phone at least 3 times.

I have Uninstalled and Re-installed the App once.

All it ever says is "Syncing your Charge 5."  Syncing is taking a while.  Sit Tight."  "Unable to Sync your Charge 5."

One other thing I tried was to have my phone "Forget" the Fitbit.  Then when I go to Pair it up again, the phone is looking for devices, the Fitbit is 2 inches away, charging like it says it needs to be, and despite looking for devices for hours (I left it sitting there overnight), it never sees it.  It sees my Aria 2 Scales which is in a different bathroom, but not my Fitbit which is right next to it.

It says I didn't get my last 2 hourly steps because it hasn't synced for that long.  I'm missing a lot of steps and losing my Challenges because of this, and frankly, this is the Charge 5 and it should work.  I've had it less than 3 months.

Any ideas ? 

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Assuming your Pixel 3A device and device operating system are compatible with the installed version of Fitbit, this is a case where I would go into your device app settings, find the Fitbit app, clear the cache under storage, and then uninstall the app and re-install from the App Store. This will clear all your phone's cached data, and force a re-connection with your Fitbit device.

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
0 Votes