Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge HR activity android app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fellow Fitbitters!

I have had my Charge HR for just about 2 months now and I absolutely love it. 

I do have a question about the related Android app for the Fitbit.

When I go running, for all I know right now, I have to start the Fitbit app by "Tracking Exercise" before I actually start running.  Now my Runtastic app has a delay of time part to its app that I can add time to it before I start running and it counts down, but the Fitbit app doesn't have anything like that, it just starts counting time.

I got the Charge HR to track my HR.  Will the app track my running activity if I just hold down the button on the outside?  Will the activity be recorded onto the app once I've completed my run?  I love all the stats that are recorded by the app and Fitbit that I don't want any of these to be lost if something weren't tracked.

Any suggestions/ideas?  Again, I don't care too much that I have to start the Fitbit app earlier than when my run starts, but I'd love the ability to start it exactly as I start running as I do with the Runtastic app.

Also, when comparing both the Fitbit app and Runtastic app, my Fitbit app ends up being shorter, almost 1/3 of a mile shorter, than the results shown in the Runtastic app after a run  Anyone else notice this?  I start at exactly the same place with both apps so I don't know why there's a differential there.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

mando6599

"To live is Christ, to die is gain!"
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome aboard to our Community @mando6599. I'm a fan of the Fitbit Charge HR so perhaps I can share with you some ideas.

Yes, if you hold down the button until the stop watch appear on your tracker' screen ,this will mean your Charge HR went into exercise mode and will track your activity. It wont read your GPS data as it does with the MobileRun feature with your device though. When you finished the activity and after you sync it will appear as an Activity record on your exercise history. What I like of this is that you can categorized later this exercise and the stats, depending of the exercise will change accordingly. I think this is the best way to track your running exercise if you are not too interested in having GPS data.

When you are tracking your exercise with the mobile feature of the app,  the GPS sensors in your phone, will calculate distance, elevation, and pace for your walk, run, or hike. If you wear your tracker while using MobileRun, the steps, active minutes, and calories burned that you see on your Fitbit dashboard come from the tracker. Otherwise your phone is used to calculate this data; so make sure you wear your tracker all during your running exercise.

About the distance, since as I mentioned before is your mobile device GPS I recommend 

to make sure your device can track your activity when you're out of wi-fi range. To do so, tap Settings > Cellular and make sure Cellular Data is on. Also make sure the app can track GPS when your device is locked. and finally review if your device is able to identify your location. To do so, tap Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure it's on for both the phone and Fitbit specifically. 

Keep me updated, I'll be around if you need more ideas.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes