Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Flex 2 & Android 6 Not Syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone.

I have had my Fitbit Flex 2 since March 2017 and I have never had an issue with it syncing to my Huawei P8 Lite.

My phone automatically updated its software a couple of days ago & since then I cannot sync my data with the app.

I spoke to Fitbit & was advised to remove my Flex from my app, & attempt to reconnect... I am not unable to even get it to connect again!

The error I get is this - after tapping my Flex 2 to connect it with the app, the app closes and a pop up message say ''Bluetooth must be on to sync". Obviously my Bluetooth is on to begin with and then when it tries to connect something is turning it off.

My Fitbit App is up to date and my Huawei has Android 6.

Does anyone else know how to fix this issue? Or do we have to wait until Android come up with a fix?

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @SunsetRunner, good to see you have joined the Fitbit Community. I was reading your post and it seem you are having issues to sync your tracker. Since this happened right after the update let try the following in case you haven't tried it yet: (It's important you follow the same order).

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try to set up your tracker again. If you need additional help with this, the following post will guide you through.

In addition try to restart your tracker:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and press it into the compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must align with the corresponding pins on the back of the pebble to lock securely in place.
    User-added image

You’ll know the connection is secure when the pebble vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking.

3. Find the button on the charging cable below the tracker compartment.
  4. Press it three times within five seconds. The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. A few seconds after the third press, all the lights will flash simultaneously. This means the pebble has restarted. If you miss the light flash but notice the pebble has resumed charging, that too is confirmation that the restart was successful.
  5. Remove the pebble from the charging cable and insert it back into the wristband.

If the issue persist please try the steps from this post as well: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this)(Only if you were able to pair your tracker back to your account)

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

My Flex 2 has recently stopped syncing with my android app.  This has been going on for a couple of weeks now.  I've tired all the suggestions above, including turning off the BT on my ipad (it syncs perfectly fine with the iPad no problems).

I've also tried deleting app, reinstalling, resetting both phone and Flex 2.  Nothing works!

Would appreciate if someone can assist.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes