Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic App on Android Google Pixel 5 Says Spotify is Unsupported

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I searched the web and forums, but am unsure why I am unable to install spotify app with the fitbit app.

Firmware version is 27.31.1.16

I also went to the website to update firmware or check if update is needed. I was unable to find any update buttons in the settings of the Ionic, including looking through the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @csharpe  - you have a very old firmware version [current is 27.72.1.15], may be you did a factory reset at some point and never fully completed the setup after.

Before you do anything, if your watch is working fine, don't make changes but try the Music icon that comes with the watch. It may work and be sufficient, at least for music on your watch.

If you can't live without Spotify probably best to contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to force the recent update to you.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @csharpe  - you have a very old firmware version [current is 27.72.1.15], may be you did a factory reset at some point and never fully completed the setup after.

Before you do anything, if your watch is working fine, don't make changes but try the Music icon that comes with the watch. It may work and be sufficient, at least for music on your watch.

If you can't live without Spotify probably best to contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to force the recent update to you.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I spoke with support and alll I had to do is reset the device back to factory state and then the device updated the firmware. Thanks for the aid.

Best Answer