Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pay stopped working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up a card in the Wallet app for my Versa SE a couple of weeks ago. Made a few payments with no issues. Over the weekend, I started getting an error message in the Android app when I click on Wallet. It says: "Can't connect to service, try again later." And "Can't connect to Versa". The Versa otherwise syncs with the app and is definitely connected. I tried removing and re-adding the card. Same error. Haven't made a successful payment since I started getting the error. What is wrong?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had the same error on my Android phone. I reinstalled the app on my phone and I can now access the wallet without error. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

I can no longer access Wallet on the Fitbit app (android) to add or change cards.  When I select the Wallet in the app, I get the messages "Error. Error connecting to service, try again later" and when I click OK it shows "Cannot connect to ionic".  Current installed cards work fine for NFC payment and the Ionic has no syncing issues.  Firmware Ver 27.32.10.20.

Best Answer

Good to know I'm not alone. Today was my first day with FitBit pay set on my ionic and it didn't work at all. I am getting the same messages. I believe is a fitbit network/app issue. I have been trying to solve it the whole day thinking it was my Ionic having problems. I guess fitbit will realease a fix for this.

Best Answer

Is this the error received by holding in the left button? 

Best Answer

Not really. The messages are in the app. The Ionic is working normal. The contactless was working but the payment were rejected. I tried to fix it in the app but these messages were shown.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Contactless on the Ionic works perfectly with the cards previously setup.  I can now no longer make changes to or add cards through the App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@danisse wrote:

I set up a card in the Wallet app for my Versa SE a couple of weeks ago. Made a few payments with no issues. Over the weekend, I started getting an error message in the Android app when I click on Wallet. It says: "Can't connect to service, try again later." And "Can't connect to Versa". The Versa otherwise syncs with the app and is definitely connected. I tried removing and re-adding the card. Same error. Haven't made a successful payment since I started getting the error. What is wrong?

I have experience the same issue as well. I was able to input and set up my credit card to link it to fibit pay. I have even successfully used fitbit pay to purchase items, but everytime I try to open the wallet in the android app it gives me the same error. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@willkuo wrote:

@danisse wrote:

I have experience the same issue as well. I was able to input and set up my credit card to link it to fibit pay. I have even successfully used fitbit pay to purchase items, but everytime I try to open the wallet in the android app it gives me the same error. 

I  can't seem to edit my initial post, but minor edit: Even with the error, I have been able to use fitbit pay in stores successfully.

Best Answer
0 Votes

May I ask which type of phone the Fitbit app is on? We are in the ionic board. not the Fitbit app board. 

Best Answer

It seems there are more and more users having this problem (me too) 🙂

index.png

It's not an ionic specific problem but an Fitbit App one.

Ionic side works 🙂

Fitbit App version 2.74.2

Sony Xperia X Compact with Android 8.0.0 (Security Patch Level: June 1, 2018)

By the way, it would be great to see the last 10 transactions instead of only 3 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FurryCakes I've merged the two threads .

Best Answer

What a mess Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

I can no longer add card to fitbit wallet same error "Error connecting to service, try again later." And "Cannot connect to Versa". I can see that Versa is clearly connected to FitBit because sync works. Trie restarting the watch, still no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Syncing, notifications, remote view, and app interfaceing. All seem to use different channels or ports to comunicate. At times I can clearly see the app displaying live data but still has problems doing a sync .

I just added a card throgh the android app and the process went fine. 

Best Answer

Same here today, July 20th.

What a joke. I might return my Fitbit versa and get an apple watch. I really like the design and the battery life but it's so buggy.

Best Answer

@lynalucardyes, the software is buggy from time to time but this lies in the nature of software 🙂

The user experience for pebble was very good and for Fitbit it is currently "only" good.

As long as the device can still be used (at least this is the case for me) I won't complain.

Compared to Garmin, the NFC payment on the Fitbit Smartwatch is far better as I only need to enter the PIN-Code once and as long as I won't remove the watch from my wrist I can use it for payment without PIN.

For Garmin, you need to enter the PIN before every transaction and it will work (stay unlocked) for only 1 min after entering the PIN 🙂

I'm not a fan of Apple products but a "watch" which can't last for even one single day is not really an alternative I would consider as usable 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same error on my Android phone. I reinstalled the app on my phone and I can now access the wallet without error. 

Best Answer

Confirmed: Uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app got rid of the error in Wallet. Hopefully, this doesn't happen a lot. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for sharing that uninstalling the app and reinstalling it works. I'd like to ask everyone else to please give it a try and reply in here letting everyone know if it did the trick.

Look forward to your replies.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I noticed today that my access to the "Fitbit Wallet" section of the Fitbit app (on my phone) similarly went down, with the same error message ("Error connecting to service, try again later").

I can confirm the uninstalling and reinstalling the Android app fixed the issue for me.

Best Answer