Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pay stopped working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up a card in the Wallet app for my Versa SE a couple of weeks ago. Made a few payments with no issues. Over the weekend, I started getting an error message in the Android app when I click on Wallet. It says: "Can't connect to service, try again later." And "Can't connect to Versa". The Versa otherwise syncs with the app and is definitely connected. I tried removing and re-adding the card. Same error. Haven't made a successful payment since I started getting the error. What is wrong?

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, which seemed to work! Hopefully the error will not come back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reinstallation worked for me too Smiley Happy

Lost some settings but at least the creditcard was still available and active Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

When reinstalling the user does not want to remove the tracker from their account. 

The procedure that should be done is the Add Device then choose the current connected tracker to replace. The user then sets the same tracker up as a repkacement of itself. 

This will minimize any setting changes 

Best Answer

Hi, everyone! Thanks for jumping in here and reporting this Fitbit Pay error message.

We really appreciate the reports, as we always want to make sure this feature is functioning for you all using contactless payments. As many of you have already pointed out, uninstalling/reinstalling the Fitbit app should resolve this issue. 

In addition, today we started rolling out the next app version, Fitbit for Android 2.75.  Once you see the update available in the Google Play store, please update the app. It would be super helpful to know if you still get this error message on the 2.75 version.

Thanks for the help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same problem, I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Fitbit app, everything is working fine except it is now stuck in wallet syncing and have been for ages.  My cards are showing in the app wallet, but it is not syncing to my Ionic, the other notification e.g. email etc is working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AusChanclan

Glad to read that everything is working correctly now! Thanks for the heads up.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. I'm sure that you'll find some topic that peaks your interest.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with me, my only issue is I have a new phone. I went from a Samsung galaxy note 8 to a note 20. Setting up my ionic to the new phone was easy, but once I tired  to add my firbit pay, it was a no go. I received an error message.  I hope they fix this issue soon. 

ANITA GORDON
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Anitaweev you say that you received an error message, but failed to relay the message to us. Sorry we can't look over your shoulder. (Social distancing)

• A user does not setup the tracker to the new phone. 
  • A user does not setup their tracker to any phone,
  • A user sets up the tracker to their Fitbit account.
  • Then the Fitbit app sets up the tracker to the phone.

Next time the phones are switched. 

If the first phone is working and nearby.

• Log out of your Fitbit account
  • Remove the tracker from the Bluetooth list. 

On the new phone 

• Install the Fitbit app
  • Approve any requests
  • Setup notifications. 
  • You are now setup and the Fitbit app will attach the tracker to your new I one. 

BTW: The only time a user wants to remove a tracker from your account is when the user no longer wants to use this tracker. 

If the user feels they want to reset up the tracker. 

• Do not remove the tracker
  • Perform the Add device
  • You are warned that you have an attached tracker that will be removed. 
  • Do you want to continue? 
  • Answer yes
  • If the setup fails the tracker will not be removed. 

Best Answer

I am having this same issue with versa 3 and moto edge 2021. I have uninstalled and reinstalled app with no luck. I can't access my wallet to add a new credit card and delete old card. Please Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is happening that you can't access the wallet function on the fitbit app? 

Do you have the wallet function?

Or when you press tye wallet function, what happens? 

Have you tried logging out of the fitbit app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes