Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit/Pebble

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I know this sounds dumb but I did it. I purchased Pebble Time Steel...why? Well I know Fitbit brought out Pebble and that eventually pebble watches will brick as operating systems like Apple and android keep updating... however I believe with pebble time steel being water proof and up to 10 days battery life and the sports/fitness and all the smart watch functions the price was worth it while I wait for pebble/Fitbit developers to make something better. I realise Fitbit started as health monitor but Pebble really did great with their watches on the smart watch side and health monitoring that pebble incorporated was enough for me. I'm looking forward to see what Fitbit can come up with now that they have pebble developers working with them. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @DyB!

I really appreciate the feedback and the great experiences that you're sharing. Whenever we do have anything specific to announce regarding Pebble, we'll be sure to let everyone know. At this moment, however, we do not have any news on the matter.

Hope to see you around the Forums! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Hello @DyB! Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us!

At this moment we do not have anything to announce but we'd like to thank you for your excitement and hopes. We're always looking for the best ways to improve the experience we provide to our users.

If you have any questions, be sure to let me know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

The quality of Pebble Time Steel and functionality of it is awesome! Water proof and 9 days battery life is the icing of on the cake. I really hope Fitbit can incorporate our pebble watches into the Fitbit app as well. It's working good with MyFitnessPal partnered with google fit . I couldn't get Fitbit and my Blaze to Sync properly on my zenfone3 so that's another reason I opted for Pebble. 

Best Answer

Hey @DyB!

I really appreciate the feedback and the great experiences that you're sharing. Whenever we do have anything specific to announce regarding Pebble, we'll be sure to let everyone know. At this moment, however, we do not have any news on the matter.

Hope to see you around the Forums! 

Best Answer

It would be ideal if I could get a FitBit app for my Pebble or if I could add my Pebble as a device in my FitBit app for iOS.

Best Answer

Hello @TonyDerricott! Welcome to the Forums! 

That is definitely a good idea. I could see how it would help bring both communities together.

Thanks for sharing your feedback! 

Hope to see you around the Forums.

Best Answer

I wish/hope, fit bit will allow pebble users to sync to their app. I love the microphone on my pebble to resoond to texts and honeslty it is much more user friendly than the fitbits I have owned and it has lasted longer. Hopefully fitbit reads all the commrnts from thr pebble users and keeps them running, at least until they come out with a comparable and affordable product. The pricing on the fitbits have gotten outrageous. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @shasenmiller.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. We're regularly looking for ways to improve the best way to improve the overall experience we provide to our users. I'm sure that whenever something is ready to be announced we will be sure to let everyone know.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I realize you can only give official "we'll let you know" answers, but is anyone actually working on this? This thread has been going for 6 months now, and as my pebble is slowly dying as I've had it for 4 years, I would like to know if FitBit will have anything that even comes close to what the pebble offered for the IT geek? I did not get a watch for the fitness app, although that is a bonus, I got it for the messaging, weather etc. I would really hate to see Fitbit gobble up pebble and then just toss the superior product away.... Please offer something here or I will be forced to get an apple watch (ugh-i am cringing at that thought)

Best Answer

I boght the first pebble when it came out and resently picked up a pebble round. I love them they are grate. I'm not hostail to fibit not at all. But I really do hope you  see a point in keeping ouer device's runing for thiere hole lifespan. After all there's is a million + pebbles out there I guess. Its only a couple of months left until 2018. Pebble user's lives in uncertenty about what's going to happen.  The way I see it you could keep the pebble app in full services or you could integrate pebble device's in fibit application. We are smartwatch lover's and it's going to affect us when we eventually purchase new watches how well you treat us now. So please fibit give us some answers.   

Best Answer

Please allow Pebble to sync with the fitbit app?

I love my pebble (waterproof, fantastic battery life and sturdy) and as i have 2 small kids fitbit simply has nothing that is a real smartwatch and waterproof. Splashproof just doesn't cut it. As well, Fitbit is really expensive.

Allowing the pebble lovers (the best watch ever!) to sync with the app until a better fitbit is available would solve my problem, otherwise I'm going to have to look at other waterproof smartwatches/trackers.

Best Answer

I really hope that fitbit comes out with a smart watch that looks more like a pebble. I love the analog round watch look. It's way more feminine and sleek than all of the other fitbit watches. Please work together to make a pebble watch work with fitbit!

Best Answer

Hello everyone! 

At the moment we do not have any news on the matter. If there are any news on the situation we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best Answer

I just bought another brand of watch that  is a analog/ more feminine style, yet still tracks steps. Since I've been a fitbit user for over 3 years, I'm sad to leave, but I really want something more fashionable for every day use. If fitbit ever makes anything like that I'll be on the lookout, but until then I'm switching to another brand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would LOVE this as well!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What brand did you buy? I don't think I can wait for Fitbit to decide what they are going to do. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got the Nokia Steel.  Havent receive it yet so cant review but giving it a try.  Im afraid the app wont be as good so am sad to be losing my fitbit data.  But until fitbit makes something more fashionable I have to give it a try!
Best Answer
0 Votes

For Christmas I got a pebble watch.its not turning on so wouldn't I talk to Fitbit or pebble??.Thanks 

Best Answer

Your best bet is with Pebble user community as Pebble as company does not exist any longer and Fitbit purchased Pebble only for intellectual property and is not supporting any Pebble

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am torn between getting a pebble or Fitbit. I don’t like the additional money and wondered about your Nokia experience

Best Answer
0 Votes