Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge not compatible with Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge +?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have the Galaxy s6 Edge + and it tries to pair with my Surge. I get an "unable to communicate" message on my phone. Is it not compatible with the Edge +?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ghudgins60 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I was checking the list of supported devices and was able to find the Galaxy S6 Edge. However, the Galaxy S6 Edge + is not listed yet. That is the reason why is not communicating. I'm pretty sure a version for the Galaxy S6 Edge + will be out soon. In the meanwhile, you can use any computer to sync it

Thank you for your patience. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@ghudgins60 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I was checking the list of supported devices and was able to find the Galaxy S6 Edge. However, the Galaxy S6 Edge + is not listed yet. That is the reason why is not communicating. I'm pretty sure a version for the Galaxy S6 Edge + will be out soon. In the meanwhile, you can use any computer to sync it

Thank you for your patience. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
Believe it or not, I got it working. Everything is good with my Surge now.
Thanks for replying!
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is great @Cathy419! Smiley LOL Remember that you can also take a look on our Discussion Board where you can find a lot of tips and information to hit your goals.

Enjoy the rest of the week! Smiley Very Happy

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, but this is not me. You all are getting the wrong person on these
posts.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Cathy419, sorry for the mistake! I saw your previous post and I thought it was you. Smiley Embarassed

I'll be around if you have questions.

Enjoy the rest of the week! Smiley LOL

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
How did you get it to work ughhhhhhh! Im dying here
.i was sent a new one bc the customer service rwp thought it was faulty
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kierb Welcome to the Fitbit Community! What kind of cellphone device you have? Check the list of supported devices to double check if yours is supported. If you have received the new tracker; make sure to follow the replacement setup steps to activate it and also for you to not loose any previous information.

Keep me posted! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

Hey @kierb! In addition to @SantiR's post, try restarting your tracker before the set up process. 

Enjoy the rest of the week! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
I just bought the blazeandblue@gmail.com yesterday and everything seems to work except the call/text notifications. Is there still no compatibility with the s6 Edge +?
Best Answer
0 Votes
*that's Blaze
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mamadey Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I was taking a look at the list of supported devices and I wasn't able to find the S6 Edge + listed there as of yet. I'm pretty sure it will become a supported device soon. You can set up and sync using a computer or another supported device. 

In the meanwhile, I recommend to post this request on the Feature Requests Board. That way users can vote for the idea and make it popular for it to be implemented faster! 

Hope this helps. Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having a problem where my dancing galaxy s6 edge can't find my surge tracker. Fitbit sent me a replacement as we thought it was faulty but the new one has arrived and same problem! Tried connecting with my galaxy s5 (company handset) and works no problem! What's going on? It worked until a couple days ago....
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you per-chance upgrade your Galaxy S6 to Android version 6.x?  If so that's probably your issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes