Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa 4 messaging issue with Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a new Samsung S24 Ultra and since I set up/synced my fitbit Versa 4 I have been unable to view incoming text messages on my watch like I was before with previous phones. All I get is a notification that says I got a message. It doesn't say who it's from like it used to. When I click to try to view the message I just get a sent button. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to fix? 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@Tricia.M Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reaching out about the notifications showing on your device. The good thing is that the notifications are shown on the device. The content is missing though. I would first deactivate notifications and set them up again. I also recommend you check the Fitbit app's permissions. Make sure it has access to everything it asks for. It needs access to your contacts, for example. 

Please note that the device usually reflects what is shown on your smartphone. When your S24 is locked, does it show the content of the messages you receive on the lock screen? This has been a setting that has prevented user from seeing the notification's content. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi! I'm having the same issue and I think it has to do with the s24 having 2 different messaging apps. They have a new app still called messages that it uses by default but the icon is different from the standard blue one with 3 dots in it. I also had no issue getting texts before but now with my s24 ultra I don't.  I do however get emails. I get no notification about texts at all. Help please 🙂

Best Answer

I have a Versa 2 and upgraded my phone from an S8 to the S23FE. I also had the same problem. After researching I found I needed to allow notifications on my Google account. That solved my problem. Hope this helps

Best Answer

@Stillworking Thanks for your advice. I am glad you were able to set it up. Where exactly do we find the notifications settings on your Google account? Is this within the Fitbit App? Thanks in advance, that will surely help @Felishaa out. w

@Felishaa Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reaching out about the text notifications on your Fitbit Versa 4. 

When you set up text notifications, are both of these apps listed for you to choose from? If not, you can always activate the notifications for any app under "app notifications". When you tap on it, it will show you a list of all apps installed on your device. Tick the box on the right, to allow notifications from that app. I do not own a Samsung device, so I am not sure about their settings. We shall wait for Stillworking to let us know. 

Best Answer

Hey! I figured it out 🙂 I had looked under settings and it showed messages were on but it stil wasn't working and when choosing to add an app I could not find the new messages app. Anywho for anyone looking you have to open the fitbit app and don't go into settings there just click on your watch. Then where it has messages checked off click messages and change to the new messages app instead of the old. 🙂

Best Answer

@Felishaa Thanks so much for the reply and what worked out for you. That will certainly help other users out too. I wish you a great time with your Fitbit device. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here goes! This is how I activated notifications on my Android S23FE and my Versa 2 

I am not yelling...lol....I have a hard time reading the small print in the directions so am sensitive to anybody else who may have the same problem.

On my PHONE I did the following:

Went into Settings: THEN FOLLOWED THE FOLLOWING SEQUENCE

APPS, GOOGLE

APP INFO

PERMISSIONS...I activated all but  CAMERA and PHOTOS  and VIDEOS

GO BACK TO THE APP INFO SCREEN

NOTIFICATIONS

ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS

ALLOW SOUND AND VIBRATIONS

NOTIFICATION TYPE...I activated all 3.

Voila! I Started receiving all my notifications

Hope this helps

Best Answer

@Stillworking Thank you so much for sharing in detail how you resolved it. That will certainly help other users with the same situation and smartphone. Wishing you a lot of fun with your Fitbit. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So this morning my phone would not stop synching. I shut my phone and watch off and turned them back on...no help...so I uninstalled the fitbit app and reinstalled and that fixed the synching problem. But I stopped getting notifications. So I went to my Google account to follow my own directions and from yesterday to today those directions are not applicable. No more APP INFO, APP PERMISSIONS, NOTIFICATIONS..... So I read Felishes fix and I already was good in that regard. I activated ALWAYS ON in my phone settings and I am still not getting notifications. I have submitted a request for help from Google but wanted to let you know what happened to me today and am wondering if you have any ideas about how I can get my notifications back. Or could you send me the notifications link...

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Stillworking - if you reinstalled the Fitbit App did you setup your watch notifications and inside App notifications again?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Yes I did. I actually found the link I was asking for help with followed that and I think I am all set. Thank you for responding

Best Answer