Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health Connect is not a connection option in Android Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why isn't "health connect" an option when I go to the devices and connections page in the app? I see others can do this but it's not available on mine.  

I can confirm that I have health connect installed, health connect has full permissions on Fitbit and other health data apps, and Fitbit settings indicate to sync with health connect.

What am I missing? 

I am Using Samsung Galaxy s21 with Android 14, on Fitbit app version 4.12.1 

My goal is for Fitbit app to reflect step activity captured in Samsung health. 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @Jhayyyson, welcome to the community, you may find this thread provides the information you need.

I hope this helps.

Cheers 

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jhayyyson 

I believe that Health Connect as an optional connected "device" in the Fitbit app just started rolling out last week. Like you, I don't see that option yet in my Fitbit app and I'm on the same version as you. We'll have to wait until the option is made available in our apps.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Jhayyyson !

Might this help? 

Best,
h

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I did all that setup previously - still doesn't show.  Health connect even shows that the fitbit app is 'reading' it but it isn't showing health connect as a 'device'

Thanks - if its really that recent of a change, then I suspect you are right.

Sorry - that doesn't seem to be relevant to the issue.

Best Answer

Happy Monday, @Jhayyyson !

Health Connect won't actually be the app you connect to Fitbit. It syncs between Fitbit and, say, Google Fit or Samsung Health, which you will then connect to Fitbit. (Although, connecting directly seems to be a feature that is coming.)

Have a spectacular week!
h

Best Answer
0 Votes