Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa Sync Issues (GPS/SYNC)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey Everyone,

Some help would be appreciated. I have the Fitbit Versa  and over the last week its been having serious connection issues, it cant keep track of runs during GPS tracking, often losing several KM along the way. The device has a lot of problems tracking notifications - especially phone calls which I might get 20% of the time, but I can overlook at as this is more of a sports tracker. But run tracking should be something this device does 100%.

Fitibt told me my device isn't actually supported - Pixel 2 XL - so pretty much I'm on my own to solve this. Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @VincentAM! I've heard some speculation from people on the forums that there are some issues with the GPS tracking on 2.75, the latest version. I haven't updated to it myself, since my thoughts are "if it ain't broke..." Maybe this is what you're seeing, too? I think it may have rolled out on Tuesday last.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @VincentAM! I've heard some speculation from people on the forums that there are some issues with the GPS tracking on 2.75, the latest version. I haven't updated to it myself, since my thoughts are "if it ain't broke..." Maybe this is what you're seeing, too? I think it may have rolled out on Tuesday last.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

Interesting, thanks for the insight. I'll try reloading the previous version of the app to see if that helps and respond here afterwards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I removed version 2.75 and reinstalled version 2.74.2 and tried tonight, the GPS functioned as normal with no interruptions.I can only assume since the 2 runs I had that were messed up happened after the 2.75 update, that the software is at fault.

Thanks @MakMak for the info.

Best Answer