Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender name not displaying on text notifications (Versa)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just purchased the Versa and I own the Galaxy S8 and use the text messaging app Textra. I noticed that on my Versa I would receive text messages, but I cannot see who the sender is. It will only display "1 unread message" and then I see the message content. I started a live chat with Chris from fitbit and he suggested multiple options. We tried to uninstall the Fitbit app and synced the phone to Versa multiple times. We also tried if I switched to using the native text messaging app on the galazy if that would work, but that was worse and I received no text messages to the Versa. I plan to use Textra and will return the Versa if this problem persists. Per Chris, there is an ongoing issue with the Galaxy S8 corresponding to the Versa with text messages. They have opened an investigation. If anyone else has this issue report the problem so Fitbit can work on fixing it. 

Moderator edit: clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @deannadragone

Thanks for bringing this up and for sharing what you were told by our support team.

If they mentioned that this is being looked into, I'd say that the best way to move forward is to wait. I'm sure that as soon as there are any updates on the situation they will be letting you know.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes