Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa Xioami MI A2 Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone managed to fully connect to Xioami MI A2 phone? And how about the Fitbit Pay (Europe)?

I was planning to buy Versa, but now I read that there can be compatibility issues (which seems pretty dumb because it's Android).

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit sync works without any additional steps apart from the default setup (for a week, then I had to reconnet the device to sync again, hope this does not happen again)

Fitby pay does not show up as my country (Latvia) doesn't have any banks that support this or fitbit does not support Latvia.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Welcome to the Forums @briedis

This might be happening because the Xioami MI A2 is not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone and thus some issues might occur.

As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it. Some users of unsupported devices have mentioned that following these steps helps with the syncing.

If none of the above works, you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other devices.

In the meantime maybe you could post about it in our Feature Suggestions board. That way, other users who would like to see that phone added can share their support for the idea by commenting on it or voting for it. Be sure to read the FAQ if you have any questions on the way that board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit sync works without any additional steps apart from the default setup (for a week, then I had to reconnet the device to sync again, hope this does not happen again)

Fitby pay does not show up as my country (Latvia) doesn't have any banks that support this or fitbit does not support Latvia.

Best Answer

I have Xiaomi A2 Lite, and i want to buy versa too. Do you have any advices or warnings? 🙂 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works fine, no complaints, no issues. Been using it for two months now.

Best Answer

Hello @briedis. Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner.

@briedis Thanks for replying.

@SunsetRunner Hopefully it will work as it does for @briedis. Please do keep in mind what I mentioned above since we cannot guarantee that it will definitely work.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa are on the way, so we will see how it works 🙂 I hope everyting will be ok. I chose them, because Xiaomi Stratos 2 have so many apps for watches and can't synchronize with endomondo directly. Only one usable option was Garmin Vivoactive 3, but i prefer Fitbit. I hope it will not disappoint me 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to know if it works with the Xiaomi.  I already have a Versa and am thinking of buying a Mi A2 to replace my existing phone which doesn't work properly with the Versa.  Specifically the 'connected gps' feature won't work.

Best Answer

Hi chris2121, i have my new Versa from yesterday. Everything seems to work great. First connection was without any problem, Versa was found in a few seconds, then starts updating. After 15 minutes was all done. I've try first run with connected GPS, everything works fine. Even notifications during my run goes well. I have ask my wife for sending me some messages via WhatsApp during i was out for run. I've get all of them. My phone is Xiaomi A2 Lite with Android 9 Pie, phone is up to date, also Versa. If you need some special data about my system on the phone, there it is:

Core version: 3.18.120-perf-ge3f12c7

Build number: PKQ1.180917.001.V10.0.2.0.PDLMIFJ

I have also try to synchronization with Endomondo. There are only one little problem. When i am configurating connection with Endomondo, there must be checked all items of what i want synchronize, if i choose only some items, it is not working. With all items checked, everything works.

Today morning on my way to work i've used bluetooth handsfree in my car. Phone connect with my bluetooth handsfree automatically as usual, Versa works well too with synchronization with fitbit app, but in bluetooth connections in phone Versa dissapears and notifications stops working. But only what i do was stops and starts again my bluetooth in my phone and Versa appears again. Notifications start works again too. 

I don't use any bluetooth headphones, so this i can't test. If there is anything, what you, or somebody else needs to test. Please feel free to contact me, i will try to test it. 

Maybe people from fitbit add this type of phone to compatibility list 😛

Best Answer

Thank you w0rm_cz for such a helpful update.  Excellent news.  I now know what phone to buy.

Best Answer

Hello @chris2121 and @SunsetRunner.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for taking the time to share your experience all of that information. 

@chris2121 Hopefully the phone will also work correctly for you. Be sure to keep us posted.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users so maybe you will find a topic that piques your interest.

Best Answer
0 Votes