Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit alta not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have received a Fitbit alta and I can not seem to get it working,  I have restarted it many times now but all I am getting on the screen of the Fitbit is Fitbit.com/setup any help out there please on what I should be doing to get it working

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Have you gone through the setup process in the fitbit app as described here?

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873/

This should get rid of that message. If the process didn't complete, how far did you get?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried going through the set up process but as soon as I get to set up alta by touching the screen I can't seem to get any thing working

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having trouble as well. As soon as I go to pick the band I have (Alta as well).. it says can't play video and my phone freezes...so odd

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too received an Alta and couldn't get it to work.   Did all of the troubleshooting suggestions.   Finally called customer service today and they arw sending a new unit.   Wonder if there's a bad batch out there,? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just set up my new Fitbit Alta this weekend also.  Was having a problem of not being able to set it up, but as I discovered thru trial and error, my battery was completely dead.  Hooked it up to the USB port on my computer and it was smooth sailing from thereSmiley Very Happy  I thought I had a dud at 1st also cause I could barely see the fitbit/setup on the screen. But it was all due to it not being charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep my Alta I got for Christmas won't set up either. 

Can't get past the screen which say 'we found your tracker', next screen 'not working', tried all the troubleshooting tips. Still nothing. Emailed customer service, generic email reply stating 2 day wait for replies.  Feeling annoyed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does the same thing did you get yours working

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up calling fitbit, and they sent me a new one.
--

Tracey+

The Rev. Tracey F. Carroll, TSSF, SCP
Vicar
St. David's Episcopal Church
3333 N Meridian Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
(405) 942-1740 (church)
(405) 777-3277 (cell)
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you get the same one ?? And it worked after that ? It almost seems like