Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit & LG G4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have an LG G4. I was able to install the fitbit app but certain featues, such as call notification do not work. Will the LG G4 be added? I am looking at upgrading my activity tracker but if fitbit isn't compatible with my phone, I will probably have to go with a different brand of tracker, which is a shame because I really like the fitbit.
Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@Melsmith72 Welcome to the Community! That's correct the LG G4 isn't a supported device yet and that's the reason why you're not receiving call notifications. Android devices must have both a BLE radio and software support. BLE is an optional component of Bluetooth 4.0, meaning not all devices with Bluetooth 4.0 include BLE. Some devices have the hardware but not the software, while others have both but software bugs prevent it from working.

You can always use your computer to sync your data and log your information using the Fitbit app. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So you're saying that fit bit will not ever be compatible with lg g4?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Please give a definitive answer on weather or not these two will ever be fully compatible, I've checked the list. Its not on there I've also exausted the forums with no real answer. I just want to know if it's a work in progress or if the g4 does not have the capability to sync notifications with your software.
Best Answer

@MykeeJady Welcome to the Community! Sorry If I didn't myself clear. I just posted the requirements that Android phones need to have in order to be a supported device in the future. I checked the requirements and the LG G4 seems to have them all. So, it can be a compatible device in the future; I can't give you a date of when but you can keep an eye on our list. 

Also, you can vote for this idea; because those suggestions are viewed directly by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer