Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app 3.52 available since December 6, 2021

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

No mention of what's fixed, improved or changed.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A warning has been issued for Fitbit App version 3.52, probably why it was removed.

For people who have it installed can you update it from the store back to the version 3.51.1 currently available as latest in the Android Play Store, if you are experiencing problems?

It would be interesting to know if it is possible to update to an older version.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

How do you check to see what version you have?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Pointby - you'll find the version in the Fitbit App => click Profile photo => Help & Support, and at the top.

Best Answer

@Guy_   Every Android release note, going back to May of 2021) only lists bug fixes and stability improvements.  Except for that May release note that says it will be the last on for Android 7.  Fitbit just doesn't seem to be in the habit of announcing anything more than that.

The release notes are the same for the iOS app.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LZeeW  - thanks,  in this case it doesn't even appear announced yet in the quoted article.

How can users possibly know what's going on if it's not even announced, let alone when the existence is made known it is basically just another new number without any useful details?

What would be wonderful would be to know which  issues have been addressed or what changes have been made in the release notes so at least users can feel their problems have been addressed, rather than just hoping they have and being disappointed if they haven't.

A greater transparency would surely help Fitbit and it's customers in the long run?

A good example was the Apps and Clocks tiles were replaced by a Gallery tile without it being announced, totally confusing for users following prior instructions and their usual method of changing clock faces.

Best Answer

@LZeeW Thanks for your input. @Pointby @Guy_ nice to see you again in the forums. 

I appreciate you taking the time to express yourself. I totally agree. I would also love to know more details. When I go to check the version of the Fitbit app on the Google Play Store website (click here), I get the 3.51.1 version. However, I did note that it states December 6th as the date for the last update. Usually updates are released gradually. Meaning that not all users get the update at the same time. That could be the reason. That is correct, the notes or details in the last updates have been the same. Hopefully more details will be shared in the future. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

@RodrigoMFitbit-  It is odd because now 3.52 is no longer available and has reverted back to 3.51.1 as you saw.

As you point out updates are rolled out so it must have been withdrawn due to an issue.

Can you post back if you have 3.52 installed as the working version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But who has it installed there is no revert update (onlu unistall and install again...)

Fitbit f...d up bit time with the software and Android 12 battery usage.

Like there was no A12 beta and they had no intention/time to test the fitbit app on the beta....

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warning has been issued for Fitbit App version 3.52, probably why it was removed.

For people who have it installed can you update it from the store back to the version 3.51.1 currently available as latest in the Android Play Store, if you are experiencing problems?

It would be interesting to know if it is possible to update to an older version.

Best Answer

@Guy_ Thanks for your reply. I actually never received the 3.52 version of the app. I actually started checking daily after you posted this thread. However, I never got the update.  In this case, I think it is only possible to get the previous version by uninstalling the app and installing it again. I am sure that the next update will not present the issue outlined in the warning. 

@SmXtrem Thanks for your feedback. I am not a developer myself. However, I am certain that there are tests; always. Hence the reason the current version of the Fitbit app on the Play Store is now 3.51.1 again. I never got the 3.52, so there must be a group of users that were the test group. I have an Android device with Android 12 and have had no issue with the battery consumption. This is certainly related to the battery optimization software on each device. However, I have seen reports that on specific devices the Fitbit app drained too much battery. It does not affect all Android 12 devices though. Else there would be tons of reports. I appreciate your patience and comments. There is always room for improvement and I am sure the developers are always working on the Fitbit app and upcoming versions. 

Have a nice day!

Best Answer

Ah, is this maybe why the notifications settings are now missing and I am no longer getting any notifications from WhatsApp?

I am on 3.52 and will try to uninstall and reinstall.

Best Answer

@hongkongphooey- Are you able to just update from the Play Store without uninstalling? [seeing as there is a difference in versions installed and available]

Best Answer

Hiya, no I couldn't. I only saw 'open'. Uninstalled and reinstalled. It's given me 3.5.2 again but this time I have 'notifications' again under General.

It's 3.52 (20263651) if that helps - not sure what it was beforehand.

thanks so much, as I wouldn't have thought of checking that at all. 

Best Answer

@Guy_ Thanks for your input. I was also interested in knowing if it was possible to "update"/"downgrade" without uninstalling the app. 

@hongkongphooey Welcome to the forums. I appreciate your inquiry regarding the notification service. You are correct, this version of the app has presented irregularities with the notification service. The warning says to close the Fitbit app and open it again. That should resolve the issue. Good to know that the notifications settings are shown again in your Fitbit app. Thanks for the initiative to solve this on your own. I am glad notifications are shown again under settings. Were you able to set them up again? Or is it still not working? If not, please make sure to take a look at this article: 

Have a nice day!

Best Answer

Hi @RodrigoMFitbit - thanks for following this issue - it seems that the Android Fitbit App 3.52 version is available again, presumably corrected?

Does the warning message in the forums still apply who now install this new 3.52 version?

Incidentally it's not a very clear message, does "opening the App" imply a force stop to close it first or something else ?

Or are Android users going to get a 3.52.1 [like for iOS] where the issue is fully resolved?

Best Answer

Yes, notifications working fine now.  Just needed to set them up again. Wish I'd  just tried open now to see if that worked. 

Best Answer

What's changed in the latest release of the Fitbit app? - There is still no mention of Android 3.52 or iOS 3.52 & 3.52.1.

Although it would only say "We fixed some bugs and made stability improvements." it would be nice for users to know what is the latest release and even better what was in it and why it had appeared and from when, especially for people reporting problems..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hongkongphooey I am glad notifications are working again. 

@Guy_ Thanks for getting back to us. Yes indeed, the current app version on the Playstore is once again 3.52. I assume this version is now the corrected one. However there are no major details on the release notes. Hopefully developers will share more details in the future. 

Have a nice day!

Best Answer

After the latest update, my heart rate section is no longer working. The graphs are showing gaps and there is no data under peak, cardio or fat burn.

Best Answer