Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app crashing on OnePlus 6T/Andoird 9.0

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I've been using my Versa on my older Pixel XL for quite a while without any issues. I've switched to a OnePlus 6T a week ago and noticed that the Fitbit app started crashing on app startup (only started 2 days ago). Both phones had the same OS and the app worked well for 2-3 days at first on the new phone.

The only temporary solution appears to be uninstalling/reinstalling the app, but it will start crashing again within half a day. I've done it 3-4 times now and it's getting really annoying. Additionally I'm noticing syncing issues as well (app can't find my Versa, fixed by restarting the Versa and the phone, possibly related?).

I've tried the solutions recommended in other threads, such as updating to the latest app, clearing the cache, etc. but they did not help. Do you have any other solutions you can think of that are more long-term?

I understand that OnePlus 6T is not on the supported devices list yet. Will the next app update address some of these types of issues though? 

Thx

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Try this -

Go into your phone settings. Search for BTtestmode.  It's a diagnostic app left behind by the OnePlus team in error.  Serves no real purpose other than to interfere with normal BT operations. The app should show up. Tap on the app and then "Force Stop". This will kill the process that I have found was interfering with normal bluetooth operations (not just with Fitbit).  Reboot the phone and see if that resolves your problem.  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DrGesa, other than the application crashing, is everything else working: data sync, notifications....?

I am about to purchase a 6T and not sure if it will work with my Versa

@DrGesa wrote:

Hi,

I've been using my Versa on my older Pixel XL for quite a while without any issues. I've switched to a OnePlus 6T a week ago and noticed that the Fitbit app started crashing on app startup (only started 2 days ago). Both phones had the same OS and the app worked well for 2-3 days at first on the new phone.

The only temporary solution appears to be uninstalling/reinstalling the app, but it will start crashing again within half a day. I've done it 3-4 times now and it's getting really annoying. Additionally I'm noticing syncing issues as well (app can't find my Versa, fixed by restarting the Versa and the phone, possibly related?).

I've tried the solutions recommended in other threads, such as updating to the latest app, clearing the cache, etc. but they did not help. Do you have any other solutions you can think of that are more long-term?

I understand that OnePlus 6T is not on the supported devices list yet. Will the next app update address some of these types of issues though? 

Thx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @ddartman, tried it and not sure if it helped w/ my sync issue but the crashing still seem to happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@esdluis everything else seems to be working fine, the sync issue only seem to happen after I reinstall the app, and all it takes to fix is to reboot the Versa. I've turned on Keep-Alive Widget and it hasn't crashed in 4 hours now so fingers crossed.

OnePlus 6T is a great phone BTW, I'm really enjoying it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@esdluis wrote:

Hi @DrGesa, other than the application crashing, is everything else working: data sync, notifications....?

I am about to purchase a 6T and not sure if it will work with my Versa

@DrGesa wrote:

Hi,

Thx

@esdluis - the OnePlus is a great phone at a great price. You don't have to spend a lot of time in this forum to learn that the most popular answer from FITBIT support is "oh, that is not a supported device". Hogwash.  It's a cheap, easy throwaway answer.  A little persistence and everything works fine. Once I resolved the BT issue (with the fix I described above), syncing to the phone has been trouble free.

Best Answer
0 Votes