Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app draining phone battery life

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Until the latest version of the app was released I had great battery life on my phone.  Now, even just opening the Fitbit app I watch my phone's battery drop from 2-3%.  This is unacceptable.
I am on Fitbit app version 3.5.  My phone has Android OS 9.
All notifications are turned off and All Day Sync has been disabled.

Moderator edit:L Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @EdInCT, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums!

I appreciate the information and details that were shared in your post, totally understand how frustrating this situation can be for you. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which Android mobile device you're currently using? Also, when was the first time you experienced this? 

My best advise for you will be to try to keep the Bluetooth off on your phone as to avoid the phone and the Fitbit from syncing on their own and as such should improve the battery life of the phone. That way you can only turn the Bluetooth on when you want to have them sync and check your information on the phone. 

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RicardoFitbit,  I really don't think that this is a satisfactory answer to the problem. Telling someone to turn off the Bluetooth on their phone. So much for notifications etc. when they occasionally work, but people don't only use Bluetooth for this app.

Best Answer

@RicardoFitbit, I do appreciate your reply and your suggestion.  However, I do use Bluetooth for more than just the Fitbit app.

At this point, I am living with having to charge my phone twice as often as I used to.   I have been tweaking my phone and am just not able to resolve this issue.  So, I guess I am left with one possible alternative.

Best Answer