Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app draining too much battery on Pixel 6

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone else noticed certain apps having wild background battery usage on their #pixel6 ? My Fitbit and OpenPath apps are using a ton of battery in the background and we're not on my #pixel5 running #Android12 earlier this week. 

Both are set to optimized battery usage. Any idea for a fix? Restrict it (though both of these apps require background usage)? Force quit? Clear cache?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

@SmXtrem @benbourgeois1 Thanks for getting back and for the workaround. It seems that only some Pixel 6 users are being affected. However, there is no official report about this issue. 

@SmXtrem I appreciate you taking the time to check the battery consumption on your smartphone and point out the cause of it. Yes, usually the notification service will keep running in order to keep you notified. If the notification service is interrupted, notifications will not be sent to your Fitbit device. However, I have my notification service activated and do not have a massive battery consumption. I am sorry to read that any of the Fitbit app updates have not improved the situation. Would you guys please let me have the version of the Fitbit app you currently have installed on your Pixel 6? Thanks in advance. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RodrigoMFitbit Hello, Thank you for your reply, I am using the latest version 3.51.1, now with notification all off the battery consumption is around 6% in the last 24h with 0 minutes of screen time (did not open the Application in 24h only was background data refresh)

I can give you some consumption comparisons: - google service just used 3% and it's running nonstop 🙂

- and a good comparison is google chrome used 6% battery with 33 minutes screen time )

Regarding official report what you mean? 

I contacted your colleagues via chat and they opened a ticket (never got confirmation e-mail) or we must do something else?

Best Answer
Version 3.51.1 updated on Nov 12, 2021. I'm running the latest monthly
security patch (Nov 5, 2021) on my Pixel 6 running Android 12.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RodrigoMFitbit 

Hello

Today i got the app update 3.52, can you please tell us if the battery issue was fixed?

On the play store the details are missing what BUG was resolved. only generic text is there...

Thank you

So after the 3.52 update per 24h usage is 15% with no notifications on!!!!!

This is getting worse and worse!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SmXtrem Thanks for getting back to us and the update. I am sorry to read that the new version of the Fitbit app did not show any improvements. I recommend you stay in contact with the customer support. They will continue helping you. 

@benbourgeois1 Thank you for the reply. Please try updating the Fitbit app, since recently a new version was launched and check if the massive consumption persists. According to SmXtrem there was no improvement. However, I would like to confirm that both are experiencing the same. 

Have a nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes mine is still consuming significant battery even with the battery use
being restricted. I'm hoping Monday's December security patch for the Pixel
6 leads to some improvement.
Best Answer

@RodrigoMFitbit how to get touch with the dev team? I had chat with support, they told me they opened a ticket, 0 ticket number received, 0 confirmation e-mail, 0 comunication from dev team, on reddit my topic is still censored..... can't ask ta community to complain!!!

So Fitbit likes 0 why can't the app use 1-2% battery in 24h like other google apps that runs PERMANENTLY in background.  

Fitbit is running few second in the background but for the last 24h battery usage was whopping 17%....

I am afraid to start notification service becouse i predict that a 30-40% battery usage in 24h when the app only in few seconds/minutes run in the background does 17%......

Realy this is the worst support i ever encountered... instead of fixing issues, they are getting worse....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@benbourgeois1 Understood. Hopefully there will be improvements. Let's see! @SmXtrem Thanks for your reply. There is no direct line of contact with the developers team. Given that you have contacted support already, I suggest you ask them for an update on your ticket. The community is not directly related to the support team. We are different departments. I appreciate your understanding and patience.  

Have a nice day!

Best Answer

I did not get any ticket number from the person who opened the ticket and not e-mail trat the ticket was opened...

I gave another shot for notification service for 6 hours and....the battery usage just skyrocketed from ~5% 24h to 32% 24h

Ok new version i just turned notification on. = ABSOLUTE catastropheScreenshot_20211218-182624.pngScreenshot_20211218-222453.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
No one cares. This forum can't open tickets. Their developer email on the
Play Store listing is a no reply address.
Best Answer