Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app for android, cant sync, cant login

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit app for Android won't allow me to login. Saying incorrect password but I am able to login on the website just fine. I try changing the password through email on the app and it says there's a problem with the server but the server is fine. I've tried: going into settings and changing to automatic time/date, reinstalling the app, restarting my phone, and repairing with bluetooth. I have also tried going into settings on the fitbit website but it goes to a blank page and won't load. I see this is a common issue but none of the suggested solutions are working. I am hoping there is something out there I didn't read yet that will work. Please, Help! 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I was able to solve my own issue! I was reading through the forums to see if it could give me any better insight with this login issue. I came across some fellow talking about having to disable his VPN when using the fitbit. It then occurred to me that I had my PIA VPN running (I set it up to automatically connect) and completely forgot about it. By disabling it, I was then able to login to the android application and it was able to sync properly. How about that.

So, that's another thing to try. If you're running a VPN, disable it, and see if you can connect that way. The next step it seems is trying to figure out how to continue using a VPN on my mobile while having the Fitbit. Cheers.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello!

Recently purchased a Charge 2 for Christmas and it was working fine and dandy on my Samsung S7 until just this morning. I noticed that there was an issue with syncing -- it hadn't been updated since 7:50AM. I tried manually syncing, but it gave a notice that it was scheduled to run soon. I figured that I should try uninstalling the app and then reinstall it to try to sort it out. I tried rebooting the device a few times. It brought me back to the app's intro screen and when I put it my e-mail address it said that it was 'invalid e-mail or password.' I was able to get the reset e-mail password to work. I received an e-mail, clicked the link to update password, but I have yet to be able to log in. I'm unsure whether this is an issue stemming from the Android App itself, Fitbit's servers, or an issue with my own device.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to solve my own issue! I was reading through the forums to see if it could give me any better insight with this login issue. I came across some fellow talking about having to disable his VPN when using the fitbit. It then occurred to me that I had my PIA VPN running (I set it up to automatically connect) and completely forgot about it. By disabling it, I was then able to login to the android application and it was able to sync properly. How about that.

So, that's another thing to try. If you're running a VPN, disable it, and see if you can connect that way. The next step it seems is trying to figure out how to continue using a VPN on my mobile while having the Fitbit. Cheers.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  I tried resetting the password but that doesn't work either.  Not tech savy at all.  What is a VPN?

Best Answer
0 Votes