Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app immidiatly crashing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i am having trouble opening the fitbit app, it immediately crashes. it has been happening since last night.

Tried reinstalling the app, forcing close on the app and other apps, restarting my device, uninstalling then restarting then installing again. nothing worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@TattletailHGL Do you have any idea if you had an earlier version and your phone upgraded to version 3.66 before it started having the issue? 

There are ways to get an older version onto phones, but es ist verboten to mention how in these forums, even in cases like this where it might be the only way to get someone functioning again. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @TattletailHGL 

I would suggest clearing the cache of the Fitbit app. This might help. 

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Scroll down to and tap Apps. Scroll down and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there tap it then scroll down and tap storage then tap clear cache at the bottom right of your screen. Now tap clear data which is located at the bottom left of your scree. Now return to the previous page and tap force stop at the bottom of your screen.  

Next  your phone. When your phone has restarted, go back to your Fitbit app, log back in and see if that helps. 

😃 I hope this helps and provides you with a solution to the issues your experiencing. Please come back and tell me how it went. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

did exactly what you said, cleared cache and data, then restarted my device. still immidiatly crashes the millisecond i open it

Best Answer

Gosh @TattletailHGL 😕 I’m not ignoring you post…I promise. I just can’t figure out why it’s crashing right away. I know you have to have the latest Fitbit App version because you uninstalled the app then reinstalled the app.

I’m assuming your using a compatible Android device to view the Fitbit App because you apparently had it working before. But to check on the side of caution can you please look here to make sure your particular Android device is indeed compatible: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices. Is your current Android operating system at least a 10 or higher?? 

Are you still showing as connected through your Bluetooth? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

it says its android 9 but like you said it worked perfectly before, connected through bluetooth and could show HR through app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @TattletailHGL 

Unfortunately the problem is most likely because your running the Fitbit App on an Android 9. Although you might have had the Fitbit App working properly in the past because you deleted the App and reinstalled it, it most likely will continue to give you issues. 

According to the Fitbit help articles it states:

Note: Update your Android phone to the most recent OS version for the latest features in the Fitbit app. If your phone isn’t running a supported OS, you can use the Fitbit app, but you can't reinstall it if you delete it.

You can view the statement here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2322.htm

Do you have access to another mobile device…like an iPad or tablet that might be compatible? 

😕 I wish I could offer more help but I hope my post here explains that your Fitbit App crashing repeatedly is most likely a Fitbit compatibility issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TattletailHGL Do you have any idea if you had an earlier version and your phone upgraded to version 3.66 before it started having the issue? 

There are ways to get an older version onto phones, but es ist verboten to mention how in these forums, even in cases like this where it might be the only way to get someone functioning again. 

Best Answer