Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app isn't opening

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a reason that no one seems to be addressing the fact that the Android App is also not opening? I haven't been able to open it since yesterday at about 3pm est. All everyone is talking about iOS and they are talking about fixing it...meanwhile the Android App is not working and no one is talking about fixing it or even talking about it.

Maybe someone should tell Fitbit that 70% of all cell phone users are Android while only 21% are iOS users.

I'm guessing that most of the Fitbit employees use iOS and that is why they are so concerned about it.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @TNT1  Which phone do you have and is it on the list of compatible devices? click to see

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

What does my phone have to do with it??? The app has worked fine for two years, I didn't update to the new version because all of the issues that people are having. At 4pm yesterday the app suddenly stopped working. I didn't change a thing. Why would the same app on the same phone that worked fine for 2 years suddenly be an issue?!?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TNT1  some phones which previously were compatible, seem not to be compatible now. You need at least Android 5.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung S7 my android version is 7.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is ridiculous! Why would you all of a sudden make it so a large percentage of devices don't work with your $150+ product? It has worked up until this day. I have an LG G8 which is a current generation phone. Your device list has the 2 year old version of my phone compatible, so it makes no sense that it stopped working today and was fine yesterday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

And how can it not be compatible when nothing changed? I didn't update my app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great, you ruled out the Android platform and the phone itself. You try cleaning the cache?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cache cleared, still cannot log in. Current android version. It just says "fitbit.com is unavailable. Please try again later"

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit version is 2.7.7 After the last firmware debacle that had my Fitbit useless for two weeks I stopped updating. I didn't update again until all the bugs were worked out. That was what I was waiting for again this time. Now it seems like they shut down older versions of the app to force you to update, which will brick your Fitbit and force you to buy a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ni1017  when that happens to me, I turn off bluetooth, log out of the app and turn the phone off. Then I wait a bit and turn the phone on, bluetooth on and log on. It could be the servers are busy with people coming to the forums due to the iOS problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, cleared the cache, forced stop, forced stop and restarted the phone. Nothing works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @TNT1 I'm glad to see you here. @ni1017 Welcome to the Community Forums!

@Odyssey13, thanks for stopping by and helping our friends with this situation.

@TNT1 and @ni1017, thanks for bringing this to my attention, as well for the steps tried prior posting. I'm sorry that you're having this experience, and be assure that our team continuously works to keep our Android and iOS users up to date as we know these two are the most used operating system in the mobile device industry.

In addition to what @Odyssey13 mentioned, Fitbit releases new versions of the app taking into consideration the most recent OS update. For this reason it's important to confirm if your phone is supported as that means it has been optimized to work with the Fitbit app. If that's not the case, that could be affecting the Fitbit app performance. That being said, please update the Fitbit app to the latest version to ensure its full functionality. If the issue persists after making sure of these, reply back to this post so I can continue working with you.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer

Version 3.6 of the android app is now out on Play Store (for phones with Android 7.0+). 
Maybe this update fixes some of the issues you have ?

Best Answer
0 Votes