Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps crashing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

huawei mate 9

use fitbit app for more than 6 month,smooth,no problem.

from last week, app keep crashing ,uninstall everytime. just good for A DAY then crash again.

please help.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Forums @szft137.

Let me try to help you understand what could be causing this.

I've seen similar situations where the crashing is being caused because the app is installed on the external memory of the phone and not on the internal. My suggestion would be to check on this. To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Go into the Phone's settings and look for the app's option.
  2. Once you are there, look for the Fitbit app and tap on it.
  3. Now check if it is installed on the internal or external memory.
  4. If it is installed on the external memory please move it to the internal memory.

If it is not on the external memory, then let's try to clear the app's cache and then open it up again.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
hi there,
STILL crash every day.app in internal memory.
please help.

thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @szft137.

Thanks for trying to move it to the internal memory. 

In that case it might be related to the fact that the phone is not part of our supported devices list. This means that the app is not fully optimized to work with that phone and thus issues like this might occur.

Having said that, it could also be related to the phone's settings. Given that the Fitbit app runs in the background while it is not being used, it is possible that there could be a battery saving option that is turned on that causes the app to stop working.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
why i could open THE app when it first download? ONLY after A few hours,
then start crash.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @szft137.

It is possible that an update on the app or the phone further increased the optimization issues and  thus caused the app to start crashing. 

Are you experiencing the same crashing with other apps or only with Fitbit?

Did you check if you have a battery saving feature turned on? That could be closing the app too.

Look forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have Huawei Mate 9 Pro and I'm experiencing the exact same problem. I have already tried everything that is mentioned here. However, I do recall that there was an OS update a couple of weeks ago? How can I fix this? Do I have to contact Huawei?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @HHMT.

Thanks for sharing your experience and trying all of the steps that have been suggested in here to get it to work before posting.

Given that the Mate 9 Pro is not part of the supported devices list, we cannot guarantee that it will work. Even then, some updates on the phone could cause bigger optimization issues with the app. There is not specific way to 'fix' this given that it is related to the app not being optimized to your with your phone. 

Taking that into consideration, you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other devices.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you out with.

Best Answer
0 Votes