Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight lifting workout bug in App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am using a FitBit Versa and Charge 3. When I choose Weight lifting as a workout through the watches and train I get a bug in the app after syncing

Screenshot_20181017-190120.jpg

If it is a long workout (1 hour) the calories won't show up and the distance is displayed, which is irrelevant for weight lifting.

If it is just a short workout (like 1-2 min) the time of the workout will be displayed and also the calories. This is the correct way of displaying the workout.

@AlessFitbit please let the Devs know and let's fix it 💪

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @MrPuma.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing that picture with us. 

In this case I'd like to recommend that you try to log out of the app and then back in. Maybe it could be that the information was incorrectly downloaded from the servers and this would force everything to be reloaded again.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit wrote:

Hello @MrPuma.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing that picture with us. 

In this case I'd like to recommend that you try to log out of the app and then back in. Maybe it could be that the information was incorrectly downloaded from the servers and this would force everything to be reloaded again.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Just did that and it didn't fix the problem 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a bug known by Fitbit since the Ionic was released a year ago. The same issue happens with the Ionic, the Versa and now the Charge 3...… IT HAS NEVER  BEEN FIXED!  Same issue if you pick "spinning"....so sad Fitbit...here is a post from October 4th 2017 showing the same issue....

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Calories-displayed-as-quot-quot-for-exercises-in-Android-app/m...

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer

Hi,

I believe I am having the same issue with my fitbit ionic. I have logged out, restarted, logged in and it didn't work. I have tried to force stop the app and restart, didn't work.

For 250 pound it's not unreasonable for your consumers to want the app to work fully first time round and if you have been aware of this issue for a year then has there been a resolution yet? 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Tasha1312.

Thanks for sharing your experience and your feedback. We definitely understand how frustrating this can be. 

At the moment we do not have any updates on the situation but we'll be letting everyone know as soon as we do. For the time being you can check the calories by going into the activity itself and tapping on the 'Calories' option. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I appreciate that you will be working towards a fix. My concern is you have
known about this bug for over a year now and have yet to resolve it. At 250
pound you really should be taking better care of your consumers and
providing faster, more efficient and agile services and solutions to the
issues. With that in mind are you able to advise on whether there is a
solution in sight?

Thanks
Best Answer

Hello @Tasha1312.

Thanks for your understanding. 

That way to see it is definitely understandable. Unfortunately I do not have any updates on the matter. I will try to get something and if I do I'll be sure to share it.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you able to provide any sort of update? Anything to indicate that fitbit is actually looking into this and not just brushing it aside? 

Your consumers are important here, without them your business model will fail therefore you need to be able provide updates on known issues in a timely manner and given you've had over a year now I expect the update to be quite significant. Otherwise word of mouth will spread and consumers will loose faith in your product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes