Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app not connecting with Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit app wont connect correctly with my watch after the new update. I've tried everything.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

**watch not hair

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MandiiBailey, welcome to the Community Forums!

First, I appreciate your effort and patience for troubleshooting this situation before posting over here, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed.

Then, you can move forward and try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's a number of us over on this thread: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Charge-4-will-not-sync-after-new-update-on-jan-2021/m-p/...

We all have different phones and products but the same problem syncing with the Android app after the most recent update, no matter what we try. Please consider checking out that thread to upvote/ comment so we can maybe get the attention of a Fitbit moderator or someone who can get the app fixed.

Best Answer

There are plenty of us with this problem, specifically after the most recent update from last week. I personally know I have done every single step in both of your suggested fixes at least a dozen times, plus a few extra steps (like clearing my app and bluetooth caches). None of it works for even a second. Something is broken with the app and it's affecting a number of us. 

Troubleshooting on our end does not work.

Best Answer

I have a Versa 2 and cannot get anything to work since the update either.  I have tried all recommendations, turned everything off and on, uninstalled and reinstalled the fitbit app.  Nothing is working.  

Best Answer

Please see Doomlux comment below.  We need the attention of techs at Fitbit who can fix the app Many, many of us have tried all the  suggested remedies with no success.  The syncing problem is a result of the recent app update.  The problem is beyond user remedy.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

I am still experiencing this issue. Won't link to Bluetooth after update. When I try to link it says app is required even though watch is syncing with app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a huawei phone and have had this issue for over 16 months...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fixed: Charge 4 sync issue 

On the fitbit device, Clear User Data and then try reconnecting.

Worked for me for now. Don't know if this could be a long term fix.

If this helps you, spread the word to other solution seekers 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try once more to setup device. Do *replace". During discovery keep wifi off and Bluetooth on untill done with bluetooth. When you go into wifi set up do Manual wifi set up ( don't choose your network from the list) .  Put in your network name manualy, then password and wpa2 or whatever security you have  on your network. See if this will let you conenct. 

Best Answer
0 Votes