Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking News: My Charge HR is showing notifications again!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is HUGE! Somehow I got my notifications working again on my Charge HR.

Here's what I did:

1) Went into Fitbit app, device settings, reset the notifications and default messenger app, by sliding the toggle off then on again.

2) Turned OFF All Day Sync and Always Connected options.

3) Turned ON the Always Connected, but left the All Day Sync off. Then I closed the Fitbit app.

5) Reopened the Fitbit app. In display options, I selected a different clock face (I chose the one that looks like a watch with big arm, short arm, day and date).

6) Removed my Charge HR from my wrist, and connected the Fitbit device to the charger and performed restart 3 times.

7) Let the device fully charge, (took about 20 minutes), then took it off the charger, put it back on my wrist.

Much to my surprise, after months of the notifications not working, a text message came through and it vibrated, then displayed the contact and full message in its typical ticker tape scrolling action, just like back in the winter of this year when it last worked properly. I'm not sure which of the actions I took that somehow got the notifications working again, or if they're all necessary and have to be done in that order, but whatever I did, it now works.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @toddsdonald it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experienced with the notifications feature of your Charge HR, I'm really happy to know that after some troubleshooting steps your device is now receiving notifications again, thanks for sharing such information here in the Community Forums, I'm sure that other users will find your post really helpful. 

Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a new active user of the Fitbit device, and I am quite impressed with the quality of its work. I decided to do some sport in order to maintain my health and purchased a smartwatch to track my activity. I came across an article with a list of the top 10 best fitness trackers in the health category on https://news.kisspr.com. Fitbit versa 2 was among the first ones on the list and had excellent features. It's a bit pricy, but I think it totally worth it - it looks gorgeous, helps me track my heart rate, and I can even listen to music while running. My friend bought the same one after he saw me wearing it and he loves it too.

Best Answer