Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withings scale data no longer syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, the data from my Withings scale is no longer appearing on my Android app. The accounts are still linked, and the data is still appearing on my Healthmate app which is linked to the scales. My partner is having the same problem. The last entry that synced was on Thursday (20/08). Does anyone know what's going on?

Adam. 

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Same thing with me and my wife. Weight entries were syncing without issues until Thursday and nothing since then.

The accounts are linked and syncing worked without issues for months.

Best Answer

I am having the same issues. I unlinked and relinked without succes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue, last sync was 8/19/2020. Afraid to unlink the accounts at this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Experience the same here!

I hope this is an issue and not something permanent like they want you to use only Fitbit scales 🤔.. Hopefully someone from Fitbit can tell us the status?

By the way it is not only an issue on Android. The problem also applies to iOS: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Unable-to-sync-or-setup-Withings-scale/m-p/...

Best Answer

Same issue here.  Stopped syncing on 8-20-20 on iphone 11.

Best Answer
0 Votes

+1  stopped sometime after Aug 17 for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Same date of last sync. I have stopped and restarted the sync.

Also tried to kick off a manual sync but it just stalled at 'syncing, please wait' for several hours - started it when I logged on to work and only closed the browser when I logged off at the end of my working day, 8 hours later.

My final attempt was creating an account to set up a sync via IFTTT but that kept failing on the login to fitbit.

This leads me to believe the issue is fitbit's end rather than withings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit support have said on Twitter that they are aware of the issue and they won't have a fix any time soon. The standard troubleshooting is unlink / relink the accounts and if that doesn't work, you just have to wait (or manually enter the data in each day).

Best Answer

If it's this thread - https://twitter.com/fluffymitten/status/1299052589770838016 - they are talking about IFTT. But I guess it's an issue that encompasses quite a few services.

Extremely disappointed with Fitbit on this one. Having in mind their scales are trash (and extremely overpriced), it's unacceptable that they are not actually trying to fix things up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's 9/6/2020 I haven't had a weight sync since 8/20. I re-connected the accounts, the data download option just hangs.

I hope this gets fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I opened a ticket a few days ago and they responded they're aware of the issue it's posted as an internal known issue.They did not give me a timeline or roadmap of when this would be resolved other than they were aware.

So I think everyone should start making tickets to bump the priority up.  You can make a ticket via chat which makes it easy, or email I think. 

Best Answer

Good to know I can stop trying to fix it as it’s not my devices....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner with IFTTT Fitbit handles the API, With Withing they handle the API. 

Only 2 apps (Strava and IFTTT) are handled by fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Last sync was 8/20 @ 6:43AM EST. Would love if either company would meaningfully reply/show they are working on this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly, if this keeps going on I will be buying the new Apple Watch instead of upgrading my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you this seems to happen every year to me.  Last year it was in June2019.  It seems to happen fitbit upgrades software.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What has Withings replied with? They are the one who handles this sync. Unfortunately they also do not read these forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Withings is pointing the finger at Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then withings has to reach out to Fitbit. This is not something the user can do because the user has no idea what error the Withing server is receiving from Fitbit. 

Withing is the party that setup and maintains the connection. 

Best Answer