Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app not showing tracker's steps only calories

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had been using my fit bit to count steps. I had it off for a week and now it reads calories and I can't get it back to step mode. Help. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members. @alexthecat@Rich_Laue and @Guy_ Thanks for your great help.

Thanks for the details and steps tried prior to posting. As our friends mentioned, we had a disruption with our servers a few weeks ago which was resolved by our team. I'm sorry if this caused any inconvenience and please make sure your Fitbit device is syncing correctly as this is the best way to get your details updated. You can always add, remove or rearrange the tiles on the Fitbit app by following the steps described here.

I'm going to close this thread to keep the forums organized. If you have another question, let me invite you to visit our Help Site or start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

@Nanax14 It's good that the community is growing! 

This usually happens when you remove the tracker from your account. You will need to set it up again but I suggest you clear the link between your phone and your tracker by doing the following:

1. Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there.
  2. Restart your phone and restart your device
  3. Check that no battery saving app/feature on your phone is affecting your Fitbit app.
  4. Also, on an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. 
  5. You can find troubleshooting instructions here.

Hope this helps.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Have never had the fitbit off but charged it. I dont want to reset my fitbit cause I dont want to lose my data. I have restarted the phone, restarted bluetooth, done a force stop on the fitbit app, checked thatthe fitbit app has all the permissions in the phone, location etc etc. My phone is an android. Im REALLY fking dissapointed, cant belive im paying 10 euro per week for this. On top of it it has real problems synching, and just to finish off it hardly ever wakes up when i turn the face of the fitbit up. C.R.A.P. device and app, really. 

Best Answer

and just to clarify. Alvaro says "this usually happens when you remove the fitbit from your account" I have not done that either. Have not done anything, apart from paid money. 

Best Answer

@PapaValpa this is an old thread and is not necessarily relevant to the problems you are experiencing today. There is currently an issue with Fitbit's servers. I don't know when it will be resolved, but they are working on getting it fixed ASAP. When that is done, your device will resume syncing normally. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

Ok, thanks. Appreciate the speedy answer. Im just frustrated, but will let it rest for a day and two and hopefully it get sorted out. Again, thanks. 

Best Answer

Really, we should not be resurrecting 2 year old unrelated threads. 

That being said, today's cloud services issue looks as if it has been resolved for most 

Best Answer

Still no step count showing here in the UK. 

Best Answer

Still nothing for me either 😞 

Best Answer

Steps still not showing up for me as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@blackcat8 @Froberts12- @JQ413 - did you use Edit in the Fitbit App on your phone to add Steps as primary goal and move your goals and tiles if necessary once the outage was resolved?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Fab, thanks. Now fixed and showing steps again.

Best Answer

@blackcat8  No step count here in the USA either

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BlackCat8...how did you fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fixed it!  Thanks everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hit the edit button on right hand side of main app page. This allowed option to view steps , zone minutes, etc. click on those you want to view as well. It worked for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members. @alexthecat@Rich_Laue and @Guy_ Thanks for your great help.

Thanks for the details and steps tried prior to posting. As our friends mentioned, we had a disruption with our servers a few weeks ago which was resolved by our team. I'm sorry if this caused any inconvenience and please make sure your Fitbit device is syncing correctly as this is the best way to get your details updated. You can always add, remove or rearrange the tiles on the Fitbit app by following the steps described here.

I'm going to close this thread to keep the forums organized. If you have another question, let me invite you to visit our Help Site or start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

Best Answer