Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app on Android-x86 not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Was anyone able to sync Fitbit device using Fitbit app running on Android-x86?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@dm70  you trying to run Android on your computer? Fitbit removed the ability to sync via computer in October 2022.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @dm70  Android 9 is the minimum requirement now. read this article - click to go there

Best Answer

Android-x86 pie-x86 (https://www.android-x86.org/releases.html) is based on Android 9.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dm70  you trying to run Android on your computer? Fitbit removed the ability to sync via computer in October 2022.

Best Answer

As indicated on https://www.android-x86.org/ android-x86 is android port to x86 platform. So Fitbit Android app is running on android 9 port on x86 platform.

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 Thanks for your input and help!

@dm70 Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reaching out about the Fitbit app on Android-x86. 

It has been a while since I used Android on a Windows computer. It is supposed to work exactly like an Android device. The syncing with computers was discontinued, but through the Windows Fitbit app. However, this is an Android emulation. I am not sure though, if the Bluetooth protocol is handeld the same way. I assume you have not been able to sync using that Android alternative. Let us see if other users have something to say about it. I would try the following nonetheless: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I indeed unfortunately was not able to sync using Android Fitbit app on Android-x86 and perhaps it's related to Bluetooth protocol handling. Technically my set up is not Android emulation, Android-x86 boots directly from the hard drive on laptop, it's essentially Android OS running on x86 platform. 

Best Answer

@dm70 Thanks for the reply. I guess I had another understanding of Android on Windows. Thanks for letting me know about it. If you ever are able to sync your Fitbit do let us know. Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer