Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app will not let me use the camera option

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It will for example let me share my heart rate or achievements. However anything to do with the camera option it won't let me use it. It just goes to a black screen and tells me fitbit app stopped working and gives me the option to report it or to click OK. Once I do either of those options instead of actually closing out of the app it takes me back to where I was on the app. I hope someone can help. My android tablet is the only mobile device I have. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @Newfitkitty.

Thanks for explaining what is going on and everything that you have tried to get this resolved. 

In this case I'd like to recommend that you try to log out and then force close the app. Then, open the app back up and log in and give ti another shot.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit I just tried it and it still didn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Newfitkitty.

Thanks for giving that a shot and letting me know it didn't work.

I'd like to pass this on to the rest of the team. Could you let me know what device are you using with the Fitbit app and what app version is it running? That'd definitely help out.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbitIt is a samsung galaxy Tab E and the fitbit app is up to date.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Newfitkitty.

Thanks for reaching out with those details.

I'll be sharing this details with the rest of the team and I'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we have any updates on the matter. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit It's been almost a year. Is there any update? The know the camera option of the Fitbit app isn't working for many Android devices. I have been experience the same problem with my BlackBerry KEY 2 LE running Android 8.1.0. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit  I have same problem nearly 1 year. Do Fitbit solve this bug already? I use Samsung Galaxy A8-2018 .Thanks.

Best Answer

my problem turned out it wasnt listed on their list of compatible devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pls which Fitbit device are using? Cos I experienced same CB problem with my versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

For records, I can confirm the camera option is working on my BlackBerry KEY2 LE running Android 8.10 finally. The version I tested is version 3.54.1.

Now I would take more selfies with the fitbit stats. Awesome. Thank you, fitbit, for making my day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes