Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app won't open

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fit bit app won't open on my phone

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Longlive. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Talahthas Thank you so much for helping out!

If you haven't done so yet, I recommend trying the following:

1. Force stop the Fitbit app: open your phone's Settings > Applications > find the Fitbit app > Storage > Clear cache > go back and tap Force stop. 
  2. Reboot your phone. 
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@Longlive Welcome to the Fitbit community!

Sad to hear that you're having issues with the Fitbit app. What phone and operating system version are you using? Do you you get an error message after having tried to open the Fitbit app?

In general, I'd suggest uninstalling the Fitbit app. Next you should restart your phone and re-install the Fitbit app to see whether or not it is working afterwards.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Longlive. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Talahthas Thank you so much for helping out!

If you haven't done so yet, I recommend trying the following:

1. Force stop the Fitbit app: open your phone's Settings > Applications > find the Fitbit app > Storage > Clear cache > go back and tap Force stop. 
  2. Reboot your phone. 
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

What do you mean “applications” under settings??? 

Best Answer

What @MarreFitbit meant, @DC3Po, is Settings > Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear cache.

However, depending on your phone's OS version, the steps to clear the Fitbit app cache may be different.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

I just wanted to say that the only thing that worked for me was BOTH deleting and reinstalling the app AND disconnecting and reconnecting to bluetooth. Seems to be working fine now! 

Best Answer

@Talahthas Thanks for your help!

@DC3Po @jyogi Welcome to the forums. Please note there is a general issue affecting the Fitbit app. It has been reported and it is being monitored. As soon as I learn more about it, I will let you know. 

@jyogi I am glad to read it is working for you now. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer