Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit has problems syncing if more than one device is trying?>

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have been having a weird problem for a long time... When I am at work, I have no problems syncing my fitbit at all. Works like a charm every time. When I am at home it is a crapshoot as to whether my phone will see the fitbit or not. And I finally tracked down what the problem is.

At home I have a tablet that I installed fitbit on. On my phone I had chosen "All Day Sync". When it installed on the tablet. that setting followed through. And at home that means two things apparently were trying to sync at once. 

As soon as I uninstalled it from the tablet, all is good...

Just a possible solution for anyone else out there - if you are having problems syncing in one place but not another, check to make sure that nothing else close has the fitbit app on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @wookietim, good to see you around and thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sure this will help other users who might have a similar issue.

To add more context, your device has a Bluetooth "bond" with the phone or tablet that sends that is syncing. This bond prevents the Fitbit device from syncing with another phone, tablet, or computer, but is not require you uninstall the app. To quickly and temporarily disable the bond, just turn off Bluetooth on your phone or tablet. You can turn it back on later to resume syncing.

See you later and stay awesome!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes