Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing and notifications issues with Huawei p20 and Fitbit Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently got the Huawei p20 and I have the ionic. I am having issues with the watch syncing and also received receiving messages. When will this compatibility get sorted?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there @EstherSeal, good to see you in the fitbit Community and my apologies for the late response. In this case we do not have a timeframe of when is going to be listed as mobile device.

If you are still experiencing issues with notifications using your Huawei p20 and the Fitbit Ionic, please give it a try to these suggestions: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

Syncing issues is one of the common issues with non-compatible devices since the watch is not able to maintain a steady connection with the app. For tis give it a try to this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Fitbit is compatible with more than 200 of the most popular Android, iOS and Windows mobile devices. The full list of compatible devices with confirmed compatibility can be found at fitbit.com/devices. If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

See you later and stay tuned for future updates regarding compatibility.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! Is there a timeline for Fitbit to include more of Huwei devices to be compatible? 

Best Answer

The Fitbit ionic and the  app still will not work with the p10. Is this ever going to change. What a horrible way to have a business platform. Largest telecommunications company in the world and Fitbit can't sync with the p10 and now the p20. Been waiting for an update for almost 6 months and still nothing. Fitbit watches are now in the past. Everyone knows not to buy them because of the compatibility issues and horrible app issues

Best Answer

Roberto.....instead of posting the same blanket response you always post.  Try doing some customer service and give the answers people want. When is the device going to be compatible with p10 and p20. Please spare us the generic response and give a real person answer.

Best Answer

Doubt you get a proper answer, only copy/paste answers given several months ago. Do not seems to be a plan for adding the Huawei models to the supported devices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I replaced the ionic about a month ago and bought a Garmin. Best thing I ever did. I still wore the watch for 4 months then it stopped working. They wanted me to return the watch and wait for a new one. Did an exchange at the store. Garmin has been awesome so far. Fitbit app is horrible in comparison to anything else out there and to have a $400 watch last 4 months is a joke. And only wore maybe a total of 2 months. Do not buy Fitbit ever. Garbage products and app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the Ionic watch, nice design and features. Pitty Fitbit do not prioritize the sync issues. Either they do not bother or they are not cabable to do so... frustrating. I was thinking buying an Aria 2 (weight) but I don't want another device that won"t work... 

Best Answer
0 Votes