Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not setting up with Android (One Plus 3T)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys,

I have a FitBit Charge HR which worked fine with my iPhone 6, no major issues. I haven't actually used it in a few months and in that time I have gone from using iPhone to OnePlus 3T (Android).

Inititially, the phone recognised the device but wouldn't complete the sync process, it kept getting stuck at like the 10% mark. So I unpaired the device and I am trying to reconnect the device- I get as far as putting the 4-digit pin in and it gets stuck at 'connecting...'. I have tried resetting the device, deleting and reinstalling the app, rebooting the phone etc. with no luck.

Can you please help me out with this??

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say its working now. I had to go on the website, unlink my device. I then restarted my fitbit, I didn't have to restore to factory settings only had to restart. I then added it as a new device from scratch and its working fine now!

Thanks!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

It may not be possible to fix this as the OnePlus 3T isn't showing on the list of supported devices at www.fitbit.com/devices

Hopefully someone with that phone will be able to confirm either way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

**ahem** it, really?! Android is android though isn't it, so shouldn't it work? Also, it seems to register the device and was originally paired, I just cant seem to pair it again- any chance it could be a fitbit issue? Is there a way to do a full on factory reset on the device?

Thanks

Best Answer

It could be a fitbit issue. There isn't a factory reset option but there is a restart procedure:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

Give it a few tries though as it's known to not always work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

oops just realised you said you had a Charge HR. The Charge and Charge HR are the 2 fitbits that do have a factory reset option. If the restart doesn't work, here's the procedure:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1606/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Steve,

I did the normal restart and it didn't do anything so I went ahead and removed the device from my account completely and then added it to my account through the dashboard again like it was a new device (after restarting it).

This has worked so far as pairing the two devices. However, it seems to be constantly syncing, then stopping to say either sync is complete OR it cant sync with an ! in a red circle- it seems to vary between the two. In either case, the actual information isn't coming on the app, it shows my steps for the day as 62 when it should be in the 1000s. Do you think I should do a factory reset and try again?

EDIT: Unless the restart of the device has also reset the steps etc that I have done today? Though my understanding was that a restart shouldn't delete any data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The restart shouldn't delete any data but the factory reset will lose any unsynced data.

It's hard to know what to try as we don't know what functions work with that phone. That's why it's good to hear from someone who has experience of using it.

If you have tried the restart several times (a minimum of 3 is recommended) then that only really leaves the factory reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm afraid you're joining the ever increasing ranks of Android owners whose phones are incompatible with the Fitbit Android app. 

There haven't been any changes to the compatible devices list for months (at least!) and they seem to have given up on Android support. Of the currently marketed models in the UK only Samsung S6 or S7 are on the list.

It's getting to the stage where it's almost impossible to upgrade to a new compatible Android phone without losing compatibility. 

Best Answer

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say its working now. I had to go on the website, unlink my device. I then restarted my fitbit, I didn't have to restore to factory settings only had to restart. I then added it as a new device from scratch and its working fine now!

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes