Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android V7.1.1 causes Bluetooth to turn off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been having no issues with my Sony Xperia XP since I purchased it last year and all syncing and Notifications worked perfectly.  Never an issue with Fitbit except the bugs we see in MobileRun App and Connected GPS on the Blaze. The best phone release for my Fitbit interfaces.

Along came V7.1.1 upgrade from V 7.0 and now Bluetooth randomly turns off and when it is working I very rarely get Notifications. To remedy that I have to reboot the Blaze and the Phone and restart both.

I have an outstanding Support ticket with Sony.. and... I probably don't expect much because I have read that V7.1.1 was to fix Bluetooth issues with earlier Android versions. As I stated I have never lost a Bluetooth connection and no issues before this..

This is posted because I'm blaming Sony, not Fitbit.  or maybe App v2.50.. I had no issues with App V2.49 and my V7.1.1 came out 2 days before the 2.50 App. Who knows.....!!!!!

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

All working now.. The triggger was I couldn't get access to Fitbit's Notification options.... kept asking to set the phones options..  Also Bluetooth has now worked for 24 hours.. I stopped NFC for awhile because Android Pay was installed at about the same time as Android 7.1.1 and I uninstalled superfluous Apps. I have reinstaed NFC and Android Pay is working..

Solution.... Uninstall Fitbit App 2.50 and reinstall.. Obviously when you have a major upgrade of the phone system Android you need to check your Apps.

Here is Sony's recommendation if all else failed.

Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia™ care,

The issue you've described with bluetooth turning off are not known or common issues with the new update, so we should be able to fix them through the following troubleshooting.

Try seeing if this issue occurs when the phone is in safe mode. Safe mode is a version of the operating system where no third party apps are loaded. So if the phone is working fine in here, the issue will be caused by a third party app which may not be fully compatible with the new update, or may have been corrupted during the update process. We would then need to try to remove or reset that app.

To enable Safe mode:

1.     While the phone is on, press and hold down the power key.

2.     In the pop up window, touch and hold Power off until the Reboot to safe mode message appears.

3.     Tap OK to reboot in safe mode

Try it in safe mode, and see if the issue occurs again. If the issue doesn't occur when in safe mode, it will have been a third party app causing the problem. Restart it and test it some more. Sometimes just temporarily disabling the apps by putting the phone in and out of safe mode is enough to fix issues like this.

If the issue doesn't occur in safe mode, but the issue starts again when you take it out of safe mode, you'll need to start uninstalling third party apps which may be causing the issue. Start with apps designed to speed up the phone, manage and kill applications, save battery or monitor CPU or RAM usage, or just any applications that constantly run in the background.

If the same things happening in safe mode, or you can't figure out what the third party app that has caused this,  then we'll need to reinstall the operating system of the phone via the following steps.

To do the software repair, you need to download and install a program to a computer called Xperia Companion from the link below:

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/xperia-companion/

Once it's installed, if you need to, select the Back Up option and follow the prompts to back up anything important off the phone.

Just to be safe, you can also back up your contacts to an SD card or Sim card by going to Contacts > three dots in top right > Export Contacts > SD card or Sim card > Follow prompts.

And you can back up photos and other media files to an Sd card by going to Settings > Storage > Transfer data.

Or upload your photos to your Google Account  by going to the app just called " Photos", then selecting the option to backup photos to the Google account when connected to Wifi.

Once you've made sure everything important is backed up, Unplug your phone and turn it off. Then select the option Software Repair in Xperia Companion. Follow the prompts, and it will eventually tell you to plug the phone in while holding the volume down key (Keep holding the volume down key until it moves to the next step on the computer). Do so, and it will start repairing the software.

Once it's finished, turn on the phone and let it set itself up (You may see wavy lines, and the Sony symbol for a while), eventually it will get to the set up screen. Follow these prompts, and see if issue occurs again.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

All working now.. The triggger was I couldn't get access to Fitbit's Notification options.... kept asking to set the phones options..  Also Bluetooth has now worked for 24 hours.. I stopped NFC for awhile because Android Pay was installed at about the same time as Android 7.1.1 and I uninstalled superfluous Apps. I have reinstaed NFC and Android Pay is working..

Solution.... Uninstall Fitbit App 2.50 and reinstall.. Obviously when you have a major upgrade of the phone system Android you need to check your Apps.

Here is Sony's recommendation if all else failed.

Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia™ care,

The issue you've described with bluetooth turning off are not known or common issues with the new update, so we should be able to fix them through the following troubleshooting.

Try seeing if this issue occurs when the phone is in safe mode. Safe mode is a version of the operating system where no third party apps are loaded. So if the phone is working fine in here, the issue will be caused by a third party app which may not be fully compatible with the new update, or may have been corrupted during the update process. We would then need to try to remove or reset that app.

To enable Safe mode:

1.     While the phone is on, press and hold down the power key.

2.     In the pop up window, touch and hold Power off until the Reboot to safe mode message appears.

3.     Tap OK to reboot in safe mode

Try it in safe mode, and see if the issue occurs again. If the issue doesn't occur when in safe mode, it will have been a third party app causing the problem. Restart it and test it some more. Sometimes just temporarily disabling the apps by putting the phone in and out of safe mode is enough to fix issues like this.

If the issue doesn't occur in safe mode, but the issue starts again when you take it out of safe mode, you'll need to start uninstalling third party apps which may be causing the issue. Start with apps designed to speed up the phone, manage and kill applications, save battery or monitor CPU or RAM usage, or just any applications that constantly run in the background.

If the same things happening in safe mode, or you can't figure out what the third party app that has caused this,  then we'll need to reinstall the operating system of the phone via the following steps.

To do the software repair, you need to download and install a program to a computer called Xperia Companion from the link below:

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/xperia-companion/

Once it's installed, if you need to, select the Back Up option and follow the prompts to back up anything important off the phone.

Just to be safe, you can also back up your contacts to an SD card or Sim card by going to Contacts > three dots in top right > Export Contacts > SD card or Sim card > Follow prompts.

And you can back up photos and other media files to an Sd card by going to Settings > Storage > Transfer data.

Or upload your photos to your Google Account  by going to the app just called " Photos", then selecting the option to backup photos to the Google account when connected to Wifi.

Once you've made sure everything important is backed up, Unplug your phone and turn it off. Then select the option Software Repair in Xperia Companion. Follow the prompts, and it will eventually tell you to plug the phone in while holding the volume down key (Keep holding the volume down key until it moves to the next step on the computer). Do so, and it will start repairing the software.

Once it's finished, turn on the phone and let it set itself up (You may see wavy lines, and the Sony symbol for a while), eventually it will get to the set up screen. Follow these prompts, and see if issue occurs again.

Best Answer
0 Votes