Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not syncing or pairing with bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi my fitbit for the last 2 weeks has refused to sync. I've uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times and it srltill won't work.
I've realised that when trying to pair my fitbit with my bluetooth on my Samsung s5 mini it says it's unable to communicate?
Has anyone else had this and been able to resolve it?

I think this may be the reason my fitbit isn't syncing. Many thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9
Yes my firbit stop synching may 25th. I did get a new surge and haf to remove it from my dashboard on my computer and reinstall it amd it works onnmy computer but my blue tooth will not on my phone. I have tried everything
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine syncs once or twice a day..only..Bluetooth cannot find fitbit
cannot sync with any of my laptops
Microsoft store. Mostly 1 ratings on app..huge problem
Best Answer
0 Votes
My fitbit stopped synchinh 5/25. It also stoped functionion and had to be replaced. The new one will not synch to my phone. Bluetooth sees the device but surge is rejecting pairing. I did see on the forum there were updates to the devices. Maybe thus caused the issues people are now having?

Happy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Melissamartinez you say the tracker syncs through the pc, this means the tracker is setup. Open the app up on the conputer, your tracker should show, the app sho7od pair the tracker to the phone.

The pairing of the tracker can not be done through the phones Bluetooth settings. You will always get the message  "Rejected by the tracker"

@gsharps what type of phone do you have? I only see you mention windows, amd toots is about Android phones.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an LG Vista. My fitbit HR stopped syncing on the 7th. What is the fix fitbit?
Best Answer
0 Votes

The fix is to find out why it is not syncing,  here are some troubleshooting guidelines.

slso please remember that if your tracker was ever synced through a second device, then that device needs to removed from the area or its Bluetooth needs to be turned off

The two biggest things i can reccomend is to shut down and then turn on the phone, or computer and a shutdown(Surge and Blaze) or a restart of the tracker..

Best Answer

What worked for me was turning off the Bluetooth on the iPad. My Blaze immediately connected on the iPhone and synced.  So now I know that the two devices compete with each other when they're in the same area as my Blaze is. Thank you! 

Best Answer

Oh my I forgot about that. Yes a Bluetooth receiver is only able to connect to one Bluetooth server at a time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My S5 has been doing the same. It connects to the surge but won't sync. My phone is always in my pocket and the only connected and active device is my surge. It always states "unable to communicate". My surge still syncs with my laptop when I'm home. I have tried force stopping and restarting the app. I've removed and shut down the surge from Bluetooth abd repaired. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and nothing is working. Is it something to do with the S5?
Best Answer
0 Votes