Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit one not syncing to Samsung S8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Samsung S8. Up until the update 2 days ago my fitbit one was working amazing and all info was synced to my phone regularly. Now nothing will sync, my phone consistently says it cannot find tracker. I have removed the app twice, I have gone to settings and forced stop and now it wont find my device at all and it looks like all of my data has been lost. This is again since the update. How do I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Hello @Tammypalma1976, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! My apologies for the late response and  I'm wondering how it goes? Is the syncing issues persisting?

If you are experiencing the same behavior from the Fitbit app, additionally to the steps you have tried already, I would like to recommend the following help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Your tracker has the ability to store at least 7 days of detailed minute-by-minute data. Summary data (calories, distance, and steps) will be stored for the trailing 30 days. If you wait longer than 7 days before syncing, you may only see the most recent week's detailed data.

See you later and  hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
This didnt help me at all. My phone and software is compatible. I have
tried removing the app several times and reinstalling. It says it cannot
find my fitbit one however it finds the calories that the fitbit one says I
burned. This makes no sense. It's only been since the last update and I've
seen on the forum that im not the only one. Its clearly the update but now
I cant go back to the old version that worked. I didnt have this problem
with my garmin I think I'll just go and get one of those this is ridiculous
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can not recieve sms or incoming call notifications. Dont tell me to read your links to help articles because they dont help at all. Pissed off bought this fit bit for my mum who is short on hearing so she would know phone is ringing. 

Best Answer
That's what I feel too the links do nothing for me I've tried it all so now
what?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same exact thing i have removed the app unpaired the fitbit. It finds it but cannot connect.

Best Answer

Just bought the Samsung 8 and now my Versa won't sync. Could it be a Samsung issue?

Update:

I also can't see messages nor calls. I don't even get notifications on it.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine wont find it it says tracker not found but it will load the calories
burned that my fitbit says I've burned it makes no sense at all
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Tammypalma1976, @Lucy18 and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @ranga360 and @SunsetRunner.

I saw all of you are having the same issue at the moment to sync. Certainly an odd behavior the calories are syncing but not the rest of your information. Keep in mind even if your tracker is not syncing you will still have BMR calories and this might explain this odd scenario you mentioned.

If the issue continue and the app is updated, please try the following: 

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. (This may vary depending of the Android device and the OS version)

Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Additionally @Lucy18, I would like to share this help article for notifications: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

Take care and hope this helps to resolve the syncing issues.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've done this several times and I've removed the app and I've removed
device from the app. Its frustrating
Best Answer
0 Votes
Figured out that I had the app opened on my old phone and it was syncing to that one.  I deleted the old app and now it is working fine
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ya I've only had it on this phone just got the fitbit in may wish that
could help
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Tammypalma1976 and @Lucy18, thank you for keeping me in the loop with this issue you are experiencing.

@Lucy18 glad to read you were able to sync. 

@Tammypalma1976 I understand your frustration and at this point we have covered all the possible solutions, so I was able to reach out to our Support Team and they confirmed that someone will be getting in touch with you via email to the address in your Community profile within the next 24-48 hours to further assist you.

Hoping to hear some good news from you soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an S7 and was having issues syncing as well.  I have also been back/forth with customer service at fitbit.  Here's what I did to correct it.   First turn off your phone for about a minute then turn it back on.  Go to your fitbit app and REMOVE YOUR DEVICE.  Then shut the phone off again for a minute.  Do not restart.  Turn it back on and then UNINSTALL the fitbit app.  Shut the phone off again.  When you turn it back on, re-install the app then add your device.  So far (fingers crossed) I haven't had any hiccups again.  

Update:

I forgot to include that you will need to plug your fitbit in like you are charging it and do what is necessary to RESET the device itself.  For mine (Charge HR) I had to hold down the button until the fitbit icon came on with the version.  Let go.  Then unplug it and add the device back onto the app.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine did finally fix. I removed the app, went on on my computer to set
everything up. Plugged the device into the computer, held the button for
like 20 seconds, it shut off and then updated the fitbit. I went on the app
on my phone and it finally found the fitbit and started syncing the data
that was saved. I lost some time but it's working now. Hope that helps
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Kema1005 and @Tammypalma1976. I appreciate you have shared your workarounds to address this issue. I'm sure this will help other users who are experiencing a similar behavior.

See you later and keep participating in the Fitbit Community.

Best Answer