Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic wrong step count

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic showed 18000 steps this morning. I know this is incorrect. I tried resetting and restarting ionic. Any way to delete steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Welcome to the Forums @Pampa96.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is possible that it happened because the Fitbit didn't reset at midnight. Thanks for letting us know that you tried to restart and resetting to no avail.

It could've been a one time thing so I'd like to ask if it has continued like that since then. Please let me know if this has been the case.

You can negate steps by manually logging a driving activity. It is possible that it could help your steps show the correct number.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to me.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
No, it hasn't happened again. And it's not a roll over either. I had roughly 13k, the day before. You can tell there was some type of issue because my miles and steps didn't equate either.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for reaching out and letting me know it hasn't happened since @Pampa96.

Have you tried manually logging a driving activity? It is possible that it could negate the steps showing on your account so that they go back to normal for that day.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

It happened again overnight. I woke up this morning with roughly 3100 steps, which I know that I didn't do. I tried adding driving during my sleep time, but the extra steps still show on my tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pampa96.

Thanks for letting me know.

Could you take a screen shot of the activity graph for the full day so that I can see where the steps are coming from? Also, were those 3100 steps what you had at the end of the previous day? Are the steps showing on your Fitbit or only on your account?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It also happened again this weekend. this time 25,000 steps. But when you look at the distance it was 0. It seems to happen when I charge my Ionic overnight.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Pampa96.

Thanks for letting me know that it happened again. I will definitely need to get the screen shot I mentioned above. That way I will be able to get a full understanding of what is going on.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And again this morning with 35000 steps. I finished yesterday with roughly 11K steps. I will figure out a way to get the screen shots to you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20180613-090549.png

Screenshot_20180613-090451.png

Screenshot_20180613-090154.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pampa96.

Thanks for those screen shots.

There doesn't seem to be any steps tracked until about 6 am, is that the time you regularly wake up? 

If you could get a screen shot in the morning, when you see the increased step count after you wake up, it should be useful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I generally get up a 6 am. As I stated before the extra steps seems to show up when I charge my Ionic overnight.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Pampa96.

Thanks for that confirmation.

It seems very bothersome. I do have a few questions:

• Where do you leave the Ionic charging overnight? On a computer, laptop or on the wall? 
  • Do you have any fans or open windows that could be sending air to the Fitbit? That could cause it to think that you were walking.
  • Is there anyone that could be moving the tracker around overnight? A pet that could walk by, perhaps?

Please let me know about this. I'll help me get a better understanding of the situation.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I plug it into an extension cube that would be like a wall charger. Both sit on a bookcase. There is a small fan but it sits in front of the charging unit and it doesn't oscillate, so there's no air moving over my fit bit. No body else nor any pets in the apartment when this was happening.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for answering my questions @Pampa96.

In this case I'd like for you to take a picture the of the tracker's display the moment you wake up and see that there are steps already on it. I'd like to see the number of steps on the Fitbit itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20180628-090708.png

15301960039311296018200.jpg

Best Answer

Hey @Pampa96.

Thanks for sharing those screen shots with me. 

Our support team should be getting in touch with you in regards to this situation. Please keep a close eye on your email's inbox. 

Best Answer
0 Votes