Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit pedometer service is running...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I keep getting notifications that the MobileTrack Fitbit pedometer service is running. This is a new problem and the prior solution (unpairing MobileTrack) does not fix the issue. I keep getting this notification despite having turned MobileTrack off!

I understand how to turn off the notification, but it's not clear that this actually stops the pedometer service from running. Is Fitbit tracking me through my phone despite explicit directions not to??

Anyone else notice this? It started up for me in version 3.64. Does 3.65 correct it? It's not available to me yet (I'm on Android 9).

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Superficies 

If you don’t want Mobile Track you can "unpair" Mobile Track from your account.  On your Fitbit App, tap your profile picture then scroll down to Mobile Track and click on the 3 dots on the right and choose "unpair".

I’m uncertain if 3.65 update corrects this issue. I personally don’t use Mobile Track. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

As I mentioned, unpairing MobileTrack does not fix the issue. I continue getting notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

🤔 I wonder if it’s a glitch in the system somehow @Superficies . I wonder if you set Mobile Track back up again as a new device then try unpairing it again. My theory is that something happened in the 3.64 update version. It’s when you first noticed it. Maybe that might help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was my thought, too.  I'd never set up MobileTrack in the first place, but I tried setting it up and then unpairing it.  Unfortunately, no luck.

Unlike when MobileTrack is actually on, this notification comes up randomly, and closes itself after about 10 seconds.  It also comes up every time I open the app, whether I'm wearing the Fitbit or not. 

I clicked on the notification this time, and it gave me the "Notification required for phone-base step features" pop-up screen, with an option to Unpair.  When I click on 'Unpair,' nothing happens.  I can then click 'okay' or the 'x' to close the window.

My guess, too, is that even though it says the pedometer service is running, the service is actually NOT running, and this notification itself, like you said, is just a glitch.

I'll wait for the update to see if it's fixed.

Best Answer

🤞🤞I’m hopeful the update addresses this for you @Superficies!! The continuous pop up each time you open the Fitbit App would drive me bonkers!!

Best Answer
0 Votes