Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit tracker is not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new fitbit will not charge while it is in the cradle and it says battery to low to be able to sync  ??? Any advice please

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Kgari, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I'm wondering which tracker do you own? I saw on your Community profile you have a Blaze so if this is correct please try the following recommendations:

The contacts on the tracker or charging cable are dirty. Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. try to clean the charging contacts:

Clean the charging contacts on the back of your tracker to ensure they stay bronze or gold in color. To do so:

1. Use a toothpick or a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol.
  2. Make sure not to scrape the contacts with a wire brush or anything metal, since this can damage the plating and cause corrosion.
  3. If you use a toothbrush, dry with a cloth or tissue before charging.

Clean the pins on your charging cable. To do so:

1. Soak a cotton swab with alcohol and press the swab to the pins carefully.
  2. Make sure that no debris from the swab is left behind.

Also the USB port or outlet is faulty. If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

The tracker isn’t connected securely to the charging cable. Check the alignment and try reconnecting your tracker to the charging cable.

Or the tracker is malfunctioning. It doesn't hurt to turn your tracker off and back on using the instructions How do I restart my tracker?.

Hope this helps and keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer