Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit unpaired by accident. Is data after last sync lost?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, if I accidentally unoaired my tracker, when I pair it again, will I lose any oast data? Thanks.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Guy_ Thanks for your input. 

@lilrenee Welcome to the forums. I will gladly explain how the saved data on the Fitbit device works. 

If a device is unpaired, the Fitbit device will no longer be able to sync with the account. It will still track your data and show it on screen. However, next time the device is set up to an account, the data on the device will be set to 0 and then synced with the data on that account. So if you unpaired the device by accident, any data collected by the Fitbit until next set up will be lost. The device will only store data for some days if this is still paired to an account. 

I am sorry that the data was lost. However, I am glad to read you have your husband´s data as reference. I wish you a lot of fun with Fitbit. Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @lilrenee  - generally the watch keeps the data for some days until you do a successful sync to upload the information.

The Bluetooth pair is only the method to allow the watch to communicate with the Fitbit App.

If you did remove the Bluetooth entry, a good way to rebuild it is to

• Logout of the App
  • Login again
  • Go to the phone home screen without closing the App
  • Click on the sync popup
  • Wait for the pair and link requests

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Guy, it was fine actually, I just wish the Mobile Track would've worked, I didn't even find the option until after I had paired my tracker after vacation, isn't that odd? Pointless then, lol. I'll just base my hubby as my "tracker" for steps, miles, etc., we were together most of the time. lol. Thanks! 

Best Answer

@Guy_ Thanks for your input. 

@lilrenee Welcome to the forums. I will gladly explain how the saved data on the Fitbit device works. 

If a device is unpaired, the Fitbit device will no longer be able to sync with the account. It will still track your data and show it on screen. However, next time the device is set up to an account, the data on the device will be set to 0 and then synced with the data on that account. So if you unpaired the device by accident, any data collected by the Fitbit until next set up will be lost. The device will only store data for some days if this is still paired to an account. 

I am sorry that the data was lost. However, I am glad to read you have your husband´s data as reference. I wish you a lot of fun with Fitbit. Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes