Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit versa 3 not recording miles correctly

My Fitbit versa 3 is not recording miles correctly. For example - I am 5'5" female. Today my Fitbit versa 3 recorded 21, 979 steps but indicates 6.2 miles. The actual miles should be more than 9 miles if calculated correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @VLT1 it sounds like you might need to calculate your stride length in order to get more accurate distance.  Unless you are using GPS Fitbit uses the formula No. of steps X stride length = distance travelled.  You can see the stride length Fitbit has calculated for you in your app and you can change it there.  From the opening screen of the app click on the gear icon top right and choose Activity and Wellness and then Exercise.  At the top of the next screen you will see Stride Length.  You can toggle “Set automatically” to OFF and update it yourself.

Here are the instructions for calculating your stride length:

How do I measure my stride length? 

1. Go to a place where you're sure of the distance, such as a track.
  2. Count your steps as you walk or run, making sure you travel at least 20 steps.
  3. Divide the distance traveled (in yards or meters) by the number of steps you took to determine your stride length. If needed, convert your stride length into inches or centimeters.

Enter your updated stride length in the box on your app and be sure to sync your Fitbit when you are finished.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer