Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracker

Why have fitbit changed the sleep tracker statistics display? The new format is confusing, uninformative and completely useless. Please revert to previous display or I for one will terminate my Premium subscription. 

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

It's Terible!!!  I mostly use to keep track of sleep, now it's almost useless to me. 

Best Answer

I agree it is terrible.  Want it back the way it was.

Best Answer

It's absolutely useless. You can't expand the graph, you can't scroll through the individual sleep stages or click on them to see the exact durations. The colours are horrid and it's missing so much information. It's the first stat I check every morning and I got a shock this morning when I saw the new display. No point in wearing the Fitbit to bed any more. They just keep making this app worse and worse. I'm now going to actively shop for a new tracker by another brand. 

Best Answer

The same for me. EVERY change Google has made has made the device and app more useless. If you find a device close to what Fitbit USED to be, please let me know. I started searching yesterday 

Best Answer

Agree. It was a shock & it is impossible for me to see with tiny graph lines & no contrast between colors. I doubt it meets ADA vision requirements. Used to turn my phone horizontal to view the stages & see where times aligned. Now? Nope. Have never liked dark mode except for the previous sleep displays. And these images I check every morning are now completely useless to me. Pinkish purple on bright white is basically invisible.

Screenshot_20240421_085645.jpg

Screenshot_20240421_084409.jpg

Best Answer

I totally agree. The format is unbelievably obtuse. I have already diaried terminating my Premium subscription before it renews.

Best Answer

I agree. The new format is useless. Can anyone let us know if or when this is going to be fixed?

Best Answer

Same. Awful. Please leave an option to revert to the previous style. Adding new additional features that people may ask for is ok, on a separate screen. But sleep sessions are lumped together making the data incorrect. If I slept 8 hours across 5 sessions, that is NOT 8 hours of undisturbed sleep. Sometimes, it's a medical condition. Now a person can't tell.

Best Answer

I agree, no stats and colors s are difficult to read!

Best Answer

They already said that once a change has been made, they "can't" (won't) go back.

Best Answer
I hope they will at least make 2 changes: offer a horizontal view of the
sleep timeline (the view used to rotate) because the image is too small;
get rid of that floating LOG SLEEP button which obscures the timeline if we
need a screenshot.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thankfully I was already aware of how to get older android software so I switched back to version 3.88 which I think is the last or second last version before the whole interface was googlefied.

Best Answer

I totally agree - the sleep tracker is now totally useless. I  can't start my sleep time and the app does not record any useful data.  TAKE IT BACK TO ORIGINAL TRACKER !!  The current version is worthless !!!

Best Answer

Is your revert working?

Best Answer
What is revert

Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer

IanBell, is it possible for you to share how you did that? This current version is beyond terrible and veritably useless. Thanks.

Best Answer

Going backwards to another version

Best Answer

Yes everything is working fine on version 3.88. I'd give more specific directions on how to get and install it but most of the keywords and website names are banned because... Well I assume it's because Google actually hates free choices and customizability. Android has gone way downhill in regards to those aspects over the past ~10 years.

Best Answer

I can, and repeatedly have, in very general term; but a lot of specific words and names are blocked on this forum.

So again: your android device needs to be set to allow software from unknown sources, you need to download the old software package (the name/file extension of this type of file is banned on this forum) from a repository. The names of which are banned on this forum but if you do a web search for old versions of Fitbit a few safe ones come up at the top of the list.

Select a version from before version 4.xx, I found 3.88 someone else said they had version 3.9.

Download the file.

Open the file.

Say yes to whatever the system dialogue wants.

Go to the play store and select Fitbit app, hit the three dots, uncheck automatic updates.

You now have the old Fitbit and it can stay.

Best Answer