Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 stopped syncing and responding

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today fitbit fkex 2 stopped. Have installed and reinstalled 2 times. Rebooted3 times and still not syncing 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Christacap.

Thank you for trying to reinstall the app and restart the Fitbit to try and get it to sync before posting in here. Let me help you get your Flex 2 to work.

The first thing I'd like to recommend is that you try following all of the steps listed in this help article. While you might have already tried some of them, please go through all of them in order once again.

In the meantime I'd like to ask you:

• What phone are you using to sync your Flex 2?
  • Was there an update on the phone recently?
  • Has this ever happened before?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @Christacap.

Thank you for trying to reinstall the app and restart the Fitbit to try and get it to sync before posting in here. Let me help you get your Flex 2 to work.

The first thing I'd like to recommend is that you try following all of the steps listed in this help article. While you might have already tried some of them, please go through all of them in order once again.

In the meantime I'd like to ask you:

• What phone are you using to sync your Flex 2?
  • Was there an update on the phone recently?
  • Has this ever happened before?

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Finally fixed. Wow what a process

Best Answer

Hello @Christacap.

Glad to read that you did find steps that worked and let you sync your Fitbit!

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users. Maybe you will find a topic that piques your interest.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit stopped syncing so I've reinstalled several times, turned bluetooth on & off and restarted phone, rebooted the tracker but no go. I've just looked at the list of compatible devices for the fit bit app on android and it appears my phone is no longer compatible? What's going on, it was working fine until yesterday?
@LanuzaFitbit wrote:

Hello @Christacap.

Glad to read that you did find steps that worked and let you sync your Fitbit!

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users. Maybe you will find a topic that piques your interest.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is a Huawei p9 and I have a flex 2
@Salc71 wrote:

My fit bit stopped syncing so I've reinstalled several times, turned bluetooth on & off and restarted phone, rebooted the tracker but no go. I've just looked at the list of compatible devices for the fit bit app on android and it appears my phone is no longer compatible? What's going on, it was working fine until yesterday?
@

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Salc71.

This might be happening because the Huawei P9 is not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone.

As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it. Some users of unsupported devices have mentioned that following these steps helps with the syncing.

If none of the above works, you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other devices.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response. It was working fine until the 20th, then it stopped recognising my tracker. I've kind of got it working by checking permissions and ticking everything, clearing my Bluetooth list, restarting my phone and resetting the tracker. However I get an alert that fitbit is using my battery and data. Also lots of little annoying alerts!

It didn't work with my tablet either so I'm going to try with a laptop, but my phone is obviously preferable. It's clearly something that has been updated on the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Salc71.

It is possible that an update on the app or the phone caused further optimization issues and that's why it is no longer working.

Please do try a computer and keep me posted on how it goes, hopefully it works properly.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes